Manager, Batch Operations
- Broken Arrow, OK
What We'll Bring:
Protecting the health and wellness of our associates and candidates considering a career at TransUnion is our highest priority. In supporting this vision, our recruitment and new hire experience for this role is fully virtual for the time being. Candidates interviewing will get to know our team over the phone and video, and this role will operate virtually upon hire until we return to the office. Even though we're not physically together right now, our goal is to provide you a supportive candidate and new hire experience that will immerse you in our culture and set you up for success at TransUnion.
TransUnion is a global information and insights company that makes trust possible in the modern economy. We do this by providing a comprehensive picture of each person so they can be reliably and safely represented in the marketplace. As a result, businesses and consumers can transact with confidence and achieve great things. We call this Information for Good.® TransUnion provides solutions that help create economic opportunity, great experiences and personal empowerment for hundreds of millions of people in more than 30 countries. Our customers in Canada comprise some of the nation's largest banks and card issuers, and TransUnion is a major credit reporting, fraud, and analytics solutions provider across the finance, retail, telecommunications, utilities, government and insurance sectors.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience must include managing and supporting internal and external customer relationships and systems with an understanding of batch workflows, blending IS expertise with a Business perspective.
- Technical aptitude and comfort level in a Linux environment.
- Typically this experience is shown through 10+ years of professional related and managerial experience.
- Must be able to operate effectively in a highly dynamic, team-oriented environment, balancing multiple and /or conflicting priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Minimum two years lead experience in maximizing resource availability through offshore support teams.
- Experience in utilizing Offshore Development Centers.
- Bilingual in French.
Impact You'll Make:
Responsible for managing, developing and continuously improving the Batch services team for TransUnion Canada. This position will have overall responsibility for the delivery of Batch services in Canada. Manage a team at various job grades with differing levels of experience and knowledge. Monitor associate work and workload, assist with workload prioritization. Encourage associates to reach goals and aid them in overcoming obstacles. Sets up training plans for associates to achieve continuous improvement. Participates in budgeting and capital equipment processes and quality improvement activities for the Batch organization. This position is also responsible for all of the responsibilities typically associate with a manager including professional development, workload management, mentoring, performance issues, and compensation of the team.
- Product Support/Customer Delivery - Leads technology planning and delivery initiatives by managing projects and tasks for product changes or custom tasks for customers, assign resources and continually follow up on details of development, testing and deployment.
- Plans and executes on technology and automation roadmaps.
- Participate in Senior Management strategic plan and aligning the direction of the team to meet the long term plans.
- Plans and executes strategies for cost reduction, effective resource utilization and increased revenue.
- Established standards for timely delivery of management reports, human resource, accounting and other various administrative activities.
- Defines the specific achievement levels needed for department success; sets baseline expectations, monitors results and encourages group toward high-level performance. Envisions ideal achievements and performance results for the department, consistent with the organizational objectives; establishes requirements, delivery criteria and measures for performance.
- Works closely with the management team to ensure that business and technology strategies are properly aligned.
- Build bench-strength within the Batch organization, so to ensure there is sufficient talent capacity to deliver and maintain its current and future solution capabilities.
- Communicate daily with internal and external stakeholders related to project requests and/or development tasks underway.
- Management functions - Internal controls, monitoring/improvement, quality initiatives, special assignments, priority planning.
- Measure errors and error prevention through trend analysis, action and measures, preparation of quality reports
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Manager I, Batch Processing
Back to top