Major Account Executive - Financial Services Sales
TransUnion of Canada: Major Account Executive – Financial Services Sales
What We Offer
TransUnion believes in investing in the best people. Our dynamic and diverse environment values and promotes the growth of associates in their jobs, roles and careers. Our organization supports ambitious individuals who seek career satisfaction and development.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
What you will do
This position is responsible for achieving the annual revenue plan target for the assigned accounts and for prospecting new accounts.. The Account Executive engages and facilitates all Canadian business development associates and subject matter experts to collaboratively identify, sell, close and manage projects.
- Maximize account penetration by increasing depth and breadth of TU solutions across customer's organization. Use business intelligence to create connections between and within the selling and buying organizations to generate sales, encourage the exchange of information and provide relevant solutions.
- Maintain and improve sales to meet and exceed revenue goals to ensure client revenue growth and future profitability.
- Establish a long-term relationship with customer and develop a partnership strong enough to withstand major obstacles.
- Coordinates the RFP process by securing internal resources, scheduling team conference calls, delegating assignments, coordinating responses and ensure TransUnion meets or exceeds customer's expectations.
- Identify opportunities for product development and methodically and creatively build on data to drive product or service enhancements.
- Lead external planning process with individual clients to guarantee client acknowledgement of key business issues and recommended TU solutions and resources to address issues and opportunities.
- Solve client problems and diffuse escalated matters. Provide documentation of issues and root causes for future issue avoidance.
- Build and leverage relationships with other TU departments, including accounting, operations and other sales groups to meet the needs of the customer.
- Proactively research and stays abreast of industry changes; drive education of the customer and other members of sales staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you will bring
- University/College degree is preferred in business, communications, marketing or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in the Financial Services industry.
- Credit reporting or related industry experience, plus in depth experience either in retail/wholesale credit or consumer credit reporting industries is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and effective listening skills.
- Ability to successfully interact with front-line upper management to present solutions and resolve critical business issues.
- Ability to effectively create and execute a sales plan to gain market share and increase market penetration.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications. Superior organizational skills with the ability to handle concurrent projects.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical customers.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- In-depth knowledge of TransUnion core solutions including those supported by other business units is an asset.
- Aware of the legislative environment in which the customer is operating and has a working knowledge of all compliance related issues and procedures.
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top