Linux Systems Administrator
How You’ll Contribute:
- Configure, maintain, upgrade, deploy and install applications and/or application changes in compliance with software development life cycle (SDLC) procedures
- Analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of first level service desk incidents as well as advanced application issues from the server perspective, utilizing logs, administration or monitoring tools, server configurations and other techniques while adhering to departmental procedures
- Organize and prioritize tasks per an established timeline and follow-up to ensure appropriate completion
- Working with sensitive/confidential data
- Working in Linux (required) and Windows (plus) environment using basic command-line tools and editors
What You’ll Bring:
- 4 years of experience with Linux and Windows system administration
- Experience in High Availability environments and production support
- 2 years of working experience with BASH, SVN, scripting and Windows 2008 servers
- Working knowledge of Windows services, Linux and Windows logs, Function successfully in ambiguous situations
- Successfully work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Manage priorities and timelines to achieve goals
- Function effectively as part of a team
- Work well with technical and operational resources at all levels of the organization
- Communicate effectively and concisely
- Use creativity in addressing challenges
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion’s history. With investments in our people, technology and new business markets, we are redefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring new businesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businesses and consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for our associates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiences to promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work with competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casual culture.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top