Lead Webhosting Engineer
The Team's Focus:
The candidate for this position will be joining a fast paced and dynamic team. This position will support middleware platforms and perform projects requiring specialized knowledge. Under light supervision the associate is responsible for understanding both the business and technical requirements for Web/Middleware projects that will be engineered and implemented for use by TransUnion LLC customers. This position is responsible for the support/design of the Web/middleware infrastructure, coordination of moves and adds/changes for Web/middleware. This position will assist in the provisioning of complex Web/middleware infrastructures.
Dynamics of the Role:
- Design and implementation of JEE infrastructures (JBoss Tomcat, WebSphere)
- Design and implementation of Web servers (Apache, IHS) Implementation of monitoring for
- Webservers and Application servers
- External Web monitoring – Creating test transactions to ensure system functionality
- Strong scripting skills (Python, perl, Bash, etc)
- Working knowledge of AWS and ability to create/Install/manage applications hosted on EC2 Instances
- Working knowledge on Docker, Openshift and other virtualization technologies.
- Experience with orchestration tools such as puppet
- Process Monitoring
- Alert Monitoring
- Follow implementation standards, templates, scripts
- Architectural review of team standards
- Automation of support tasks, recovery tasks, implementation tasks – recommendations for process improvements and direction to junior engineers on required tasks
- Operational Tasks to support the environment following ITIL standard processes – escalation point for team members requiring assistance
- On-call (rotating) Support duties include requests, incidents, problems, and changes
- DR responsibilities including planning and documenting disaster recovery procedures and performing these recovery procedures in a disaster exercise. This position will take the lead in creating DR procedures for new products and services created by the Web hosting Team.
How you'll contribute:
- Creating project tasks lists
- Estimating effort and duration for tasked responsibilities
- Meeting project deadlines
- Creation of project documentation including Environment plans, Detailed Designs, and project Run Books
- Asset management of software and hardware resources
- Evaluation and selection of tools and software
- Tools administration
- Support and upgrades
- Consultation with Development teams
- Standards –Business liaison for cross functional standards
- Project Implementation – project team member
- Troubleshooting – Escalation point for business issues
- Oversee administration of external SSL Certificates
- Approving SSL certificate requests
- Provisioning SSL certificate products
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
What you'll bring:
- The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3-5 years of experience with Java Enterprise Edition middleware platforms (JBoss, Tomcat)
- 2 years of experience with Java Enterprise Edition middleware platforms (WebSphere)
- Experience working with JMS and Web Services
- 3-5 years of experience working with Web servers (Apache, IBM HTTP Server)
- Demonstrated proficiency in a scripting languages (Jython, Python, Perl, Korn/Bash)
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the Linux operating system
- Experience with performance monitoring infrastructure (Wily Introscope, splunk, Xenoss)
- Experience with LDAP services
- Knowledge of databases (Oracle, DB2, Sybase)
- Understanding of data communication protocols focusing on TCP/IP.
- Demonstrated understanding of Web/middleware platforms in a corporate infrastructure.
- Demonstrated understanding of Web/middleware security practices and tools.
- Experience with hardware and software based Web/middleware monitoring tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field, or similar discipline.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use project management tools and follow project methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project to plan.
- Executing and perform timely follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top