Lead Storage Engineer
LEAD STORAGE ENGINEER
"The limit of our growth is going to be our imagination and product ideas - not technology." - Mohit Kapoor, CTO
What we'll bring:
• A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
• Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
• Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you'll bring:
• Storage Technologies: Cisco and/or Brocade storage infrastructure, including advanced configuration and troubleshooting; various storage technologies (Hitachi VSP 600, HUS-VM; IBM Storwize, EMC VNX, EMC Unity, EMC RecoverPoint)
• Data Protection Technologies: IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM); Tape technology, such as IBM ProtecTier, IBM Libraries (TS3500, TS4500), EMC Data Domain
• 7-9 Years Experience with SAN Technologies
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience
We'd love to see:
• Network Attached Storage Experiences, such as NetApp, EMC Isilon; Hyper-converged storage solutions, such as Tintri, VMWare VSAN, EMC Scale I/O; experience with Linux & Windows operating systems on VMware ESXi virtualization.
• Organizational skills with the ability to follow through and complete projects with tight deadlines; Self-motivated and adaptable to change; able to work productively in a team setting
Impact you'll make:
• First 90 Days - Review storage environment and provide feedback on state of environment with suggestions/recommendations; Participate in operational upgrades of storage infrastructure
• Beyond 90 Days - Represent storage team as part of Agile Lead Team to engineer solutions for projects based on best practices; Act as SME and escalation point for complex storage issues; Research and test new storage technologies based on architectural standards/recommendations
• Participate in "continuous improvement plan" for storage to provide the most reliable and performant storage environment. TransUnion is a "data company" and that data needs to be readily available and meet the expectations of both the internal and external customers. This roll will serve as a best practice technologist that the organization can go to for guidance on storage technologies in various business cases and functional areas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top