Lead – Software Test Development
TransUnion of Canada: Lead - Software Test Development (Burlington, ON)
What We Offer
TransUnion believes in investing in the best people. Our dynamic and diverse environment values and promotes the growth of associates in their jobs, roles and careers. Our organization supports ambitious individuals who seek career satisfaction and development.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
What you will do
The Lead is an ambitious, enthusiastic and driven individual with outstanding technical skills and testing experience in a software development environment. Possessing extensive automation experience, the incumbent will plan a key role in resource allocation, test strategy and planning. He/she will oversee the day-to-day activities of a small team, and act as the liaison between the Test and Development teams.
- Assumes Test management responsibility over key projects.
- Conducts testing analysis on a variety of projects to ensure that the applications systems function properly and according to business standards and end-user specifications and requirements.
- Participate with other team members in testing and analysis on complex or large projects to ensure that the applications system functions properly and according to business requirements and end-user requirements.
- Develops test automation scripts; performs unit, regression, functional and parallel tests; develops system test data and performs system tests. Coordinate and conduct system stress tests.
- Analyze technical requirements and make consistent improvements to the Testing process.
- Execute integration, white box, functionality, regression, load, performance and acceptance testing.
- Participate in walkthrough meetings on the development of, or changes within software application systems. This requires an understanding of the general nature of software application systems including its purpose, parameters, and perceived capabilities.
- Develops test plans, conditions, and cases used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge to ensure they function properly.
- Ensure accurate documentation of any problems resulting from the testing of software application systems. Ensures that all problems are communicated to all members of the project team.
- Develops and documents testing procedures for application testing.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple testing assignments at the same time.
What you will bring
- Bachelor degree in computer science or a related discipline with 5-6 years of applicable experience.
- Incumbents should have experience in technical systems testing, analytical techniques and a working knowledge of structured testing methodology and various software testing tools.
- Understanding of the theories, methodologies and principals underlying software development, the SDLC and implementation of software applications, systems, and/or databases.
- Working experience in agile testing environment
- 2-3 years Team Lead experience.
- Bring Test Automation first attitude
- Must have good analytical and development skills for multiple product/multiple environment levels and requires good skills in research, analysis, and implementation. Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently coupled with strong influencing skills.
- Strong knowledge of technology and product trends, especially what is happening in open source
- Working knowledge of Test Automation tool(s)
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top