Lead Oracle DBA
As an Lead Oracle Database Administrator, you'll need to lead a group of DBAs, and make the best decisions in the moment and in the long-term for the company. Key responsibilities span 2 areas:
- Analyzes database performance, modifying DBMS parameters to improve throughput and effectively utilize system resources.
- Monitors database resource usage, making required adjustments
- Undertakes complex database projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge.
- Advises on the appropriate application of database technology to TU systems development.
- Makes well-thought-out decisions on complex or ambiguous database issues.
- Coordinates with users and management to determine requirements.
- Ensures that database improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency
- Participate in on-call production support activities, lead the DBAs in using the technical knowledge and capability to handle all problems that may arise
- Performs all standard and complex DBA functions including partition table space management, performance tuning, physical database design, data replication management, logical database design, complex recovery management, SQL coding and optimization techniques, etc.
- Liaises with database software vendors on issues with open systems DBMS's, such as software upgrades, fixes and patches necessary for the software
- Oversees or performs the installation and testing of upgrades working with the systems and applications teams
- Thorough knowledge of Oracle, RAC, Exadata, Data Guard and Grid Control
- Industry certified
- Understanding of advanced physical database design concepts like database partitioning, denormalization, buffer pool tuning, and index optimization
- Solid knowledge of relational theory, and understanding of the benefits and purposes of "3rd normal form" and star schemas
- Strong knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Is fully cognizant of a project lifecycle and where database administration services fits in
- Managed or lead a group of DBAs is desired
- Ability to manage concurrent projects to plan
- Must have experience functioning as a lead on projects
- Demonstrated ability to execute and perform timely follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ability to instill quality in every aspect of the job function
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion's history. Withinvestments in our people, technology and new business markets, we areredefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring newbusinesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businessesand consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for ourassociates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiencesto promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work withcompetitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casualculture.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we arededicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help peoplemake better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global informationsolutions, our mission is to help people around the world access theopportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizationsoptimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand andmanage their personal information. Because when people have access to morecomplete and multidimensional information, they can make more informeddecisions and achieve great things.
We are an equalopportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status,sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected bylaw.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top