Lead Network Security Engineer
How YouWill Contribute:
ConsultationDesign & Implementation
- Establish and maintain Network Security Strategy to secure data being transported within and outside of trusted network boundaries
- Drive global deployment of existing network security technologies
- Research new developments in network security technologies
- Maintain stability of global network security infrastructure
- Develop roadmap for deployment of additional controls as determined by the Network Security Strategy
- Provide expert level security consultation on internal projects focusing on business needs, security's role in change management, and how data is transmitted internally and externally
- Evaluate and monitor project efforts, timelines, and task management. Partner with internal business units to ensure projects remain on target, within budget, and are completed according to internal policies and security standards
- Serve as the subject matter expert on security issues and provides expert level consultation to the business units
- Sign off on architectural designs and lead other team members in the execution of security projects
- Provide side by side coaching for less experienced architects and engineers. Manage all aspects of a security project including team members and other business unit partners.
- Delegate tasks to ensure areas of the project are carried through timely and effectively
- Participate in Information Security projects throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Provide security review and guidance for projects driven by groups outside of Information Security
- Lead enhancement efforts for one or more security product implementations
- Responsible for a designated set of software tools and the security functionality of these tools, including BlueCoat, FirePower IPS/IDs and Imperva products
- Provide tier-3 support on one or more security products currently in operations at TransUnion
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Provide on-call support for all security functions on a rotating schedule
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 7 years' of Information Security experience with a minimum of 3 years focus on data security
- Must have a strong background in network security risk assessment and threat management. CISSP or equivalent certification preferred
- Demonstrate IT security experience with the usage and management of Blue Coat proxy SG, Imperva WAF, Cisco FirePower IPS and network packet brokers such as Ixia or GigaMon
- Knowledge and previous experience with active/inline network security devices is preferred
- Cloud platform experience such as AWS or Azure is preferred
- Shell, Python or Perl scripting experience is preferred
- Past experience in making decisions based on extensive experience and education of security procedures to develop security operation processes and procedures
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of analytical and problem-solving capability along with the ability to articulate the decision process to multiple management levels as it relates to both business and technical roles
- Utilize sound judgment, working with minimal supervision
- Ability to conduct research into security issues and products as required
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion's history. Withinvestments in our people, technology and new business markets, we areredefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring newbusinesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businessesand consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for ourassociates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiencesto promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work withcompetitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casualculture.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we arededicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help peoplemake better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global informationsolutions, our mission is to help people around the world access theopportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizationsoptimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand andmanage their personal information. Because when people have access to morecomplete and multidimensional information, they can make more informeddecisions and achieve great things.
We are an equalopportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status,sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected bylaw.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top