Lead Network Engineer
As Network Engineer Lead, you'll need to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with occasional conflicting priorities. You must have the drive and skills to make the best decisions that align with the business and the company's objectives.
Key responsibilities span 4 areas:
- Creates engineering design to meet the business and operational objectives for business continuity solutions.
- Defines standard engineering designs, templates, processes, and procedures for implementing projects that follow existing Transunion architectures for large complex projects.
- Defines new engineering designs, templates, processes and procedures for implementing projects that require new architecture patterns.
- Proactively utilizes knowledge of the business unit and objectives to maximize the efficiency of the design.
Assessment and Strategy
- Provides subject matter expertise to maintain the appropriate lifecycle for the technologies in scope, including technology risk, refresh, migration and retirement.
- Analyzes system performance, modifying parameters to improve throughput and effectively utilize system resources.
- Monitors resource usage, making required adjustments.
- Responsible for accurately estimating and planning activities within the domain to provide the necessary input into the project managers for developing an end to end plan.
- Establishes and maintains strong collaborative relationships with internal and external strategic partners as well as critical IT infrastructure service providers. With administrative direction, leads the evaluation and selection of tools.
- Evaluates tools and makes cost-conscience tool recommendations.
- Identifies key areas for improvement to align to strategic objectives.
- Analyzes industry best practices and previous project executions
- Make recommendations in regards to architecture and infrastructure planning to leadership to refine and enhance current methodology.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of software patches and version upgrades.
- Participate in and/or lead projects of medium to high complexity.
- Leads on-call production support activities, using the technical knowledge and capability to handle all problems that may arise.
- Proactively puts procedures in place to prevent and reduce the severity of outages.
- Oversees or performs the installation and testing of upgrades working with the systems and applications teams.
- Conducts updates of management information systems, including asset management, time tracking and other systems.
- Available to be on call 24/7 on a team rotating schedule once assimilated into the team.
- Mentors junior team members on current standards and best practices
- Provides quality assurance for engineering designs of junior team members
- Assists in training and coaching others
- Sets up training classes and may function as a tool administrator, working with the vendor, internally coordinating product upgrades and fixes.
- Responsible for developing the organization by mentoring junior engineers and developing "how to" guides.
What you'll bring
As Network Engineer Lead, you should have 9 year's progressive data communications experience, and a Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field or similar discipline. In addition, you should have expertise and experience in technical and professional areas.
- 7 - 9 years of experience working with Switching and Routing infrastructure in a large corporate setup, preferably a financial institution. Knowledge of Cisco Nexus, ASR, ISR 4K preferred
- 7 - 9 years of experience working with Firewalls, including but not limited to firewall design, configuration, policy enforcement, VPN L2L, RA VPN, etc.
- 3 - 5 years of experience working with application load balancing platforms, preferably F5 Networks
- 3 - 5 years of experience working with DNS
- 3 - 5 years of experience working with WAN optimization devices (Silver Peak, Cisco WAAS, Riverbed)
- 7 - 9 years of experience in design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of large, complex IP-based networks
- 7 - 9 years of experience with routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, encompassing complex implementations around high availability, redundancy, and fast re-convergence
- 5 - 7 years of experience with Layer-2 and Layer-3 networking technologies including but not limited to Fabripath/TRILL, MPLS VPNs, OTV, VXLAN, GETVPN, DMVPN, etc.
- 5 – 7 Experience designing and deploying QoS across a large enterprise network
- Experience designing Multicast across an enterprise (Layer 2 and Layer 3)
- Experience working with customers and outside vendors, both from a design/engineering perspective as well as resolving operational issues
- Ability to quickly and systematically resolve complex technical issues which may arise from any type of hardware or software failure, misconfiguration, or human error
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; able to communicate effectively with associates at all levels.
- Ability to effectively summarize and clearly communicate infrastructure hardware/software problems involving multiple support team(s).
- Ability to manage concurrent projects to plan.
- Organized, able to lead, follow through and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated and adaptable to change; able to work productively in a team setting.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage time effectively as well as function with no supervision, under tight deadlines, and demonstrate initiative in problem solving
- Demonstrate ability to execute and perform timely follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate competency in the use of project management tools and methodologies.
- Ability to instill quality in every aspect of the job function.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top