Lead Java Developer
Dynamics of the Role:
The Billing team is responsible for the design and build-out (and ongoing support) of a global, multi-product, multi-entity billing infrastructure, used to service our multiple business areas. Our system runs 24 x 6, processes a billion transactions monthly, generates a large set of invoices and interacts with many systems in batch and real-time.
Lead Java Developer is a key member of the Billing team, works along with the development, technical solutions and business teams to deliver new application features and enhancements to existing applications. You will design, develop the complex enhancements in the application and will also review/monitor deliverables from vendor resources.
How You'll Contribute:
- Understanding the business area and user requirements - Study and understand the existing applications.
- Collaborate with the developers, business analysts and development managers in order to determine the software's technical direction, systems architecture, system design and implementation plan.
- Responsible for systems analysis, Design, Coding, Unit Testing.
- Requirement gathering & understanding, Analyze and convert functional requirements into concrete technical tasks and able to provide reasonable effort estimates.
- Directly impacts the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; works closely with other teams as partner.
- Work proactively, independently and with multiple teams to address project requirements, and articulate issues/challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risks.
- Providing expertise in technical analysis and solving technical issues during project delivery.
- Code reviews, exposure to continuous integration, test case reviews and ensure code developed meets the requirements.
- Periodically review existing production defects and identify / address issues impacting production stability / scalability.
- Demonstrate ownership and initiative taking.
- Acts as advisor or coach to junior developers.
What You'll Bring:
- 8 years' experience in software development.
- Strong hands on experience in Core Java, OOPS, Multithreading and Java Concurrency.
- Strong Experince in J2EE Technologies including (Servlets, JSP, Struts, JDBC).
- Strong Experince in Spring framework(Core, MVC, JDBC, Batch)
- Strong hands on experience in RDBMS - DB2 and Oracle
- Experience in Unix/Linux commands, shell scripting and Autosys.
- Experience developing high volume transaction systems – both real-time and batch
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems, e.g Maven, Jenkins, Nexus
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Test Driven Development using Junit.
- Strong communication skills, should be able to communicate effectively with business and other stake holders.
- Candidate must be analytical, organized, and adept at working in a team environment.
- A "do whatever it takes attitude", dedication to quality, ability to work independently, and complete attention to detail.
- Any experience with ETL( Ab-initio) preferred .
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicatedto finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarterdecisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our missionis to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to ahigher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-baseddecisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personalinformation. Because when people have access to more complete andmultidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achievegreat things.
Every day TransUnion offers ouremployees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can beused in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk,providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage orworking with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving thequality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economiesaround the world.
We are an equal opportunity employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status,veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genderidentity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top