Lead Information Security Engineer
Dynamics of the Role
As a member of the Security Architecture and Engineering team, the Security Lead Engineer is responsible for delivering security services across a diversity of enterprise technologies including server and workstation operating systems, storage encryption, antivirus, data loss prevention, containers, virtual server infrastructure and cloud infrastructure.
How You'll Contribute
This position acts as a technical subject matter expert, performs a variety of security activities and will be responsible for the deployment and administration of the Tanium Endpoint Platform and other security tools. The Lead Engineer will take point on securing emerging technologies as they are adopted by the enterprise.
- Define security standards for Cloud and container technologies, virtual infrastructure, server and workstation operating systems and storage encryption
- Lead projects to deploy security tools, such as the Tanium Endpoint Platform, across domestic and international offices and data centers
- Work hand in hand with Enterprise Architecture as new technologies are deployed to ensure that security best practice is built into the fabric of the deployments
- Help plan and architect new security tools and refreshes of existing tools to increase manageability and control
- Perform incident response for escalated security events including on-call support, issue triage and resolution
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years IT infrastructure administration or equivalent professional IT experience
- 2 years Linux administration experience
- 2 years information security experience
- Experience administrating, implementing and supporting enterprise endpoint security solutions
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, such as public cloud platforms and containers (Docker)
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong working knowledge of scripting and automation (Python, PowerShell, Linux Shell)
- High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in complex environments and diverse technologies
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Positive attitude with strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
- Willing to be on call 24x7
- CISSP or equivalent security related industry certifications
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion's history. With investments in our people, technology and new business markets, we are redefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring new businesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businesses and consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for our associates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiences to promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work with competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casual culture.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
We are an equalopportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status,sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected bylaw.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top