Lead Information Security Engineer
Dynamics of the Role
A Lead Security Engineer serves as the key thought leader and process owner for ongoing security projects, tools and capabilities. This position designs and provides expert level guidance across the enterprise for all information security technologies with focus on Identity & Access Management, assuring compliance with TransUnion policies, standards and procedures. The position also serves as an internal information security expert to TransUnion; advising the organization with current information about information security technologies.
How You'll Contribute:
- Establish and maintain Privileged Access Management (PAM) Security Strategy including provisioning, workflows, access management, attestations and user repositories
- Design, configure and maintain BeyondTrust's Password Safe and Powerbroker agents for Linux and Windows tools
- Integrating BeyondTrust's PAM solution with ServiceNow, Exchange, Puppet/SCCM/DSC (for agent deployment and configuration), and Splunk
- Design assistance and operational oversight of corporate Active Directories
- Serve as the subject matter expert in *nix authentication and authorization capabilities
- Support any custom scripts or code that support Privileged Access Management capability
- Provide expert level security consultation on internal projects focusing on business needs, security's role in change management, and how data is transmitted internally and externally
- Evaluate and monitor project efforts, timelines, and task management. Partner with internal business units to ensure projects remain on target, within budget, and are completed according to internal policies and security standards
- Serve as the subject matter expert on security issues and provides expert level consultation to the business units
- Provide side by side coaching for less experienced architects and engineers. Manage all aspects of a security project including team members and other business unit partners
- Delegate tasks to ensure areas of the project are carried through timely and effectively
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Provide on-call support for all security functions on a rotating schedule
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 7 years' of Information Security experience with a minimum of 3 years focus in Privileged Access Management.
- Must have a strong background in Identity and Access Management technologies
- Provisioning and password safe tools such as Beyond Trust Password safe, Powerbroker for Windows and Linux.
- Privileged Access Management Processes including on-boarding, account management, password rotation, password safe policies, and PBUL/PBW policies
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux servers
- Deep understanding of testing and implementation processes for BeyondTrust solution
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper hardware sizing/specifications for BeyondTrust solution
- Experience integrating multi-factor authentication (RSA) with BeyondTrust
- Experience using RDS to authenticate to Cisco and other networking devices
- Strong ability to convert sudoers files into PBUL configuration files
- Familiarity with BeyondTrust's ssh key management
- Active Directory and other LDAP directories
- Multi-factor authentication such as RSA SecurID
- Web Authentication such as CA SiteMinder and Federation using SAML
- Understanding of RBAC
- Past experience in making decisions based on extensive experience and education of security procedures to develop security operation processes and procedures
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of analytical and problem-solving capability along with the ability to articulate the decision process to multiple management levels as it relates to both business and technical roles
- Utilize sound judgment, working with minimal supervision
- Ability to conduct research into security issues and products as required
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion's history. Withinvestments in our people, technology and new business markets, we areredefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring newbusinesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businessesand consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for ourassociates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiencesto promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work withcompetitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casualculture.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we arededicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help peoplemake better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global informationsolutions, our mission is to help people around the world access theopportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizationsoptimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand andmanage their personal information. Because when people have access to morecomplete and multidimensional information, they can make more informeddecisions and achieve great things.
We are an equalopportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status,sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected bylaw.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top