Lead Front-End Developer
Dynamics of the Role
How You'll Contribute
- You will wear many hats and find yourself adding value in a large number of different projects. Your contribution might include any of the following.
- You will define standards for code review, defect resolution, environment creation, code release, and hotfixes, with the understanding that those ideas exist in the context of the entire SDLC lifecycle. They must integrate with parts of the process which you might not directly control, such as requirements generation, infrastructure standards and practices, AGILE methodology, etc.
- Effectively advocating for standards and best practices across architecture boards, delivery teams, and Senior management
- Ability to provide code snippets, examples, integrations, and comment on development design and solutions presented by development teams
- Extending standards (or guidance) beyond the TU corporate office to both national and international acquisitions and partners (i.e., M&A or a credit bureau in another). You may also assist with the 'productization' of internal applications for use in these other regions.
- Providing guidance and standards for platform upgrade paths across a wide variety of applications and use cases.
- Determining development process standards ( git flow ) and how they are implemented at TU leveraging our ecosystem of productivity tools ( Jenkins/Stash/Etc )
- Providing guidance to legacy applications to help them migrate to defined development processes
- Assessing the technical implementation of a solution (as it is being proposed to address customer's business requirements)
- Perform code review or peer reviews
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What You'll Bring
- Ten or more years of hands-on experience in a software development profession.
- Two or more years leading software development teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. The ability to communicate your vision in a positive and constructive manner is a central part of this role.
- Knowledge of AngularJS practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Proficiency and experience with Webpack, Rx, Karma, and Jasmin required
- Experience working on a team operating under an Agile Scrum delivery methodology
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top