Lead Dev Ops Puppet Engineer
Lead Linux Engineer – Puppet, DevOps
Looking for a Lead Engineer with Puppet and DevOps skills with solid Linux systems engineer background. This position provides engineering and support for all of TransUnion's revenue-generating systems and services. You will proactively ensure stable, dependable application/systems across the Linux environment. You will participate within our cloud strategy, new technologies being investigated, and you will have a direct impact on future enhancements impacting the environment.
How You'll Contribute:
- The Lead Linux Engineer provides operational support, project delivery and other system administration responsibilities as required by the business.
- The Lead Linux Engineer understands overall departmental and business unit goals and how existing programs/products/processes are designed to support these goals.
- Provides solutions to a wide range of difficult problems, balancing technical viability with business requirements and constraints.
- Assist in the design, planning and implementation of server and cloud solutions
- The lead Linux engineer requires limited supervision: No instructions needed on routine work, and general instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments.
- Guides the successful completion of major initiatives that impact cross-functional teams within their department.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance to junior administrators
What You'll Bring:
- Broad knowledge of Systems technologies and industry trends with subject matter specialization in Linux systems administration or advanced knowledge of specific practices.
- Experience managing and configure Enterprise Linux systems (preferably RHEL) with puppet is required
- Experience with Puppet implementation, installation, registration of nodes and administration
- Experience writing puppet modules
- Extensive scripting experience required – python or ruby, and shell
- Experience designing/building/maintaining continuous delivery pipelines using tools like Jenkins is a plus.
- Experience in a large environment (> 500 hosts) with 24x7 support requirements.
- Experience with administration or implementation in AWS public cloud and on-prem private cloud technologies like OpenStack is a great plus.
- Experience or Exposure to virtualization and containerization technologies (VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift and others) is a plus.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top