Lead Database Developer
Database Developers are required to work independently and as a team member. They are required to adhere to a typical development life cycle; analyzing, designing, implementing and testing solutions to requirements. Database developers must work with their counterparts in QA to ensure successful testing and release of their implementations. Developers must understand the Business, as well as the technology and the processes used to support it.
How You'll Contribute:
- Analyze, develop, and implement database designs/solutions in support of the businesses information system needs/requirements
- Design new database structures that are efficient, scalable, and normalized
- Responsible for the analysis, design, implementation and testing of solutions to Business requirements
- Review/Develop stored procedures, triggers, and SQL in use by the application
- Problem solve any issues that occur with new implementations as well as the current code base
- Take direction from the database manager as well as senior members of the team
What You'll Bring
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline, and 2+ years of experience in database design and development
- Able to install and configure Oracle
- Experience with relational modeling, SQL, and shell scripts
- Design experience with SQL RAD tools a plus
- Work effectively in UNIX based environments
- Basic understanding of performance tuning
- Ability to work independently, and within a team, and take direction from senior developers
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top