Lead C/Java Developer
Dynamics of the Role:
The Data Acquisition group within TransUnion is responsible for the transformation & maintenance of the data that comes into TransUnion. The senior developer role will focus on our strategic platforms that manage and maintain credit and alternative data. Developer knowledge in C, Java, SQL, Big Data Technologies (Ab Initio) will be leveraged in development of new capabilities, enhancements to the existing features in the applications that perform hygiene and maintenance of data. The data cleansing and maintenance applications are mission critical and require a high degree of quality in our development process.
The Team's Focus:
Data Acquisition supports TransUnion's business and consumer systems by developing new applications/enhancing existing applications and operating systems. Flexibility and openness are valued in our entrepreneurial, business-casual environment. We appreciate quick-learning IT professionals with inner drive, a strong work ethic and the desire to grow.
How you'll contribute:
- Analysis/Design: Produce detailed analysis from technical requirements, and document design proposals to meet those requirements.
- Programming: Development of - code, unit test, debug, maintain, and modify software programs utilizing the standard tools set forth by TU. Participate in code walkthroughs.
- Testing: Creation and execution of unit and integration tests. Participate and support the Quality Assurance testing team efforts.
- Technical Support: Resolve production application issues with immediate short-term/permanent solutions.
- Communication: Provide project status to peers and management, articulate issues, develop and maintain clear and succinct documentation.
What skills seeking:
- Bachelor degree in computer science or a related discipline preferred.
- 6-8 years of software development OR comparable technical work experience.
- Competent skills in 'C', Java, SQL, Linux, Web Services, Web Development.
- Strong in-depth knowledge of databases and database concepts.
- Familiarity with 'AB Initio', Angular skills is a bonus.
- Experience working in an Agile project development lifecycle
- Good understanding of theories, methodologies and principals underlying software development.
- Experience with CI/CD, Automation, Stash source control, Jenkins, Sonar Cube is a plus.
- Good analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Strong communications, comfortable interacting with senior management across different teams.
- Team player in an onsite/offshore development model.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top