Lead ABInitio Developer
What We'll Bring:
Dynamics of the Role
As a member of the Billing Team, this Information Technology Senior Developer / Developer role will participate in the design and development of complex Ab Initio applications. The role is also responsible for helping to define, implement and enforce standards and best practices across the Billing applications.
The Team's Focus
The Billing team is responsible for the design and build-out (and ongoing support) of a global, multi-product, multi-entity billing Applications, used to service our multiple business areas. Our system runs 24 x 7, processes multibillion transactions monthly, generates a large set of invoices and interacts with many systems in batch and real-time. Flexibility and openness are valued in our entrepreneurial, business-casual environment. We appreciate quick-learning IT professionals with inner drive, a strong work ethic and the desire to grow. At Transunion, Abinitio is not used as just another ETL tool but an end to end data processing solution. We use the full Abinitio product suite across projects and set standards globally on leveraging the product to its full capacity.
What You'll Bring:
What You Will Bring
- 9+ years of hands on experience developing and designing strong AbInitio based solutions
- Experience with one of the broader AbInitio tool suite such as Continuous Flows, Control Center is required.
- Hadoop/MAPR integration with Abinitio is a big plus.
- Strong communication skills that create effective cross team collaboration and quality documentation. Comfortable interacting with senior management across different teams.
- Ability to think outside the box and apply unconventional solutions to conventional problems
- Proficiency with Linux, including strong shell scripting skills
- Demonstrated understanding of how AbInitio applications and systems interact with the underlying hardware ecosystem
- Experience working in an agile project development lifecycle
- Strong in-depth knowledge of databases and database concepts
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of advance AbInitio concepts such as, project architecture, meta-programming, vectors, parallelism, performance tuning, debugging, SMP/MPP architectures, platform integrations (Hadoop, Java, C, etc.)
- CI/CD, Jenkins, automation experience a plus
Impact You'll Make:
How You Will Contribute
- Partner with internal business resources and technical teams to analyze requirements to deliver solutions to complex issues.
- Participate in development and oversee maintenance of code to ensure consistency, quality, best practices and performance of applications.
- Train, coach and support the AbInitio product suite across the billing applications.
- Lead, manage and guide junior resources as needed.
- Collaborate with cross-functional technology teams.
- Ensure Transunion design patterns, frameworks, and architectural standards are implemented consistently within billing applications.
- Accountability for quality of code and application development.
TransUnion Job Title
Lead Developer, Application Dev & Design
Back to top