Lead Ab Initio Developer
Dynamics of the Role:
The Data Acquisition group within TransUnion is responsible for the transformation & maintenance of the data that comes into TransUnion. The senior developer role will focus on our strategic platforms that manage and maintain credit and alternative data. Developer knowledge in C, Java, SQL, Big Data Technologies (Ab Initio) will be leveraged in development of new capabilities, enhancements to the Dynamics of the Role:
As a member of Data Acquisition Application Development team, the senior developer will participate and oversee the design and development of complex Ab Initio applications that manage and maintain data. The role is also responsible for helping to define, implement and enforce standards and best practices. Developer knowledge in Ab Initio will be leveraged in development of new capabilities and enhancements to the existing features in the applications. The data cleansing and maintenance applications are mission critical and require a high degree of quality in our development process.
The Team's Focus:
Data Acquisition Application Development team supports TransUnion's global business and consumer systems by improving the efficiency of business operations, applications and operating systems. Flexibility and openness are valued in our entrepreneurial, business-casual environment. We appreciate quick-learning IT professionals with inner drive, a strong work ethic and the desire to grow.
How you'll contribute:
- Analysis/Design: Partner with internal business resources and technical teams to analyze requirements to deliver solutions to complex issues. Produce detailed analysis and design documents to meet the requirements.
- Programming: Development of - code, unit test, debug, maintain, and modify software programs utilizing the standard tools set forth by TransUnion. Participate in code walkthroughs. Oversee maintenance of code to ensure consistency, quality, best practices and performance of applications. Guide junior resources as needed.
- Testing: Creation and execution of unit and integration tests. Participate and support the Quality Assurance testing efforts.
- Technical Support: Resolve production application issues with immediate short-term/permanent solutions.
- Communication: Provide project status to peers and management, articulate issues, develop and maintain clear and succinct documentation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional technology teams
- Ensure framework is implemented consistently across global implementation
- Accountability for quality of code and application development.
What you'll bring:
- 6-8 years of hands on experience developing and designing strong Ab Initio based solutions.
- Experience with the broader Ab Initio tool suite such as Express>It, Continuous Flows, Control Center is a plus.
- Strong communication skills that create effective cross team collaboration and quality documentation. Comfortable interacting with senior management across different teams.
- Ability to think outside the box and apply unconventional solutions to conventional problems.
- Proficiency with Linux, including strong shell scripting skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of how Ab Initio applications and systems interact with the underlying hardware ecosystem.
- Experience working in an Agile project development lifecycle.
- Strong in-depth knowledge of databases and database concepts.
- Experience with C, Java and SQL is a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of advance Ab Initio concepts such as, project architecture, meta-programming, vectors, parallelism, performance tuning, debugging, SMP/MPP architectures, platform integrations (Hadoop, Java, C, etc.)
- CI/CD, Jenkins, automation experience a plus
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top