Lead Ab Initio Developer
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- 10 + years of hands on experience developing and designing strong Ab Initio based solutions.
- Experience with the broader Ab Initio tool suite such as Express>It, Continuous Flows, Control Center is a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of advance Ab Initio concepts such as, project architecture, meta-programming, vectors, parallelism, performance tuning, debugging, SMP/MPP architectures, platform integrations (Hadoop, Java, C, etc.)
- Proficiency with Linux, including strong shell scripting skills.
We'd love to see:
- Experience with scheduling tools (like AutoSys).
- Experience with C, Java and SQL is a plus.
- Experience with Big Data tools such as Hive and Spark is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD, Jenkins, automation experience a plus
Impact You'll Make:
- Analysis/Design: Partner with internal business resources and technical teams to analyze requirements to deliver solutions to complex issues. Produce detailed analysis and design documents to meet the requirements.
- Programming: Development of - code, unit test, debug, maintain, and modify software programs utilizing the standard tools set forth by TransUnion. Participate in code walkthroughs. Oversee maintenance of code to ensure consistency, quality, best practices and performance of applications. Guide junior resources as needed.
- Testing: Creation and execution of unit and integration tests. Participate and support the Quality Assurance testing efforts.
- Technical Support: Resolve production application issues with immediate short-term/permanent solutions.
- Communication: Provide project status to peers and management, articulate issues, develop and maintain clear and succinct documentation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Sr Consultant, Applications Programming
Back to top