Junior SQL DBA
Dynamics of the Role
TransUnion is currently seeking a Junior Microsoft SQL Server DBA to join our Chicago, IL Office. As a Junior Database Administrator, you will work in a team environment to provide knowledge of relational databases, primarily Microsoft SQL Server, logical/physical database design, and support including backup/recovery and patching. You will be responsible for upgrades, performance monitoring, installations, managing data replication, diagnosing system problems, disaster recovery testing and maintaining user accessibility. In addition, you will act as a technical resource for our IT application teams.
How You’ll Contribute
- Assists in the design, testing, implementation, maintenance and control of the organization’s databases across multiple platforms, technologies and computing environments
- With some direction, establishes and maintains databases for user testing purposes and production. Performs related duties as assigned or requested
- Receives general supervision and is competent to work in most phases of data base management, requiring only general direction for the balance of activities
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience with SQL Server/Windows and/or Sybase database technologies
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the design and administration of logical and relational databases in diverse technological environments
- Experience in performance tuning with high data volumes
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Must understand the systems development process and have a solid understanding of business processes
- Experience designing, implementing, tuning and maintaining SQL Server Availability Groups for highly available OLTP and OLAP systems
- Ability to work effectively with clients and IT management and staff
- Good communication skills and must work well in a team environment
- Required to provide 24×7 production support on a rotation schedule
- This position will require shift work – Second or Third shift highly desired
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion’s history. With investments in our people, technology and new business markets, we are redefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring new businesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businesses and consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for our associates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiences to promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work with competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casual culture.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top