Junior C Developer
Dynamics of the Role
TransUnion is now looking for C and Python developers to join our Alternative Risk Batch Development Team. We are a talented, agile, and passionate group looking for highly skilled individuals. If you are interested in joining a fast paced and highly engaged team, please apply!
How You'll Contribute:
- You will leverage your technology background in a variety of programming languages – primarily C or Python - to support our online automation batch service.
- You will contribute to a combination of new development as well as supporting existing systems.
- Day to Day Tasks: Design solutions for new requirements, suggest improvements in reliability and scalability, ensure system uptime 24x7, and participate in software workflow using Scrum.
- Must enjoy working in a collaborative, fast growing team with a fun and flexible environment. Sincere opportunity to learn and innovate!
What You'll Bring:
- Above all, we value solid computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures and programming skills), and an ability and enthusiasm to learn quickly. If you possess these attributes, we encourage you to apply regardless of your exact experiences.
- 3 years of experience with C and/or Python in a production environment
- Solid experience with Linux systems, including bash scripting, cron, and other system administration tools
- Understanding of networking (TCP/IP, SSH), version control (Subversion and/or git), databases (MySQL, Oracle)
- Computer Science (equivalent degree) preferred or comparable years of experience
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top