Java Tech Lead
Dynamics of the Role
This role is for a senior technical consultant that will serve as a Tech Lead on one of the core teams of specialists that are responsible for enabling new features and optimizing strategic solutions within TransUnion's Enterprise Core Services team (ECS). The ECS platform supports most of our core products making this is a critical role for TransUnion.
How You'll Contribute
- Collaborate with stakeholders on requirements and implementation approaches for addressing demand and challenges
- Deploy and implement ECS environments including hardware, software, end-user tools and other data services
- Create tools and services enabling end-user productivity and system integrations
- Partner with business resources to troubleshoot issues, manage capacity, and plan for the optimization and expansion of environmentsMaintain and ensure availability of the ECS platform
- Act as internal subject matter expert for the ECS Domain.
What You'll Bring
- 10 years of hands-on experience in a software development profession.
- 5 years leading software development teams both onshore and offshore.
- Proficiency in JAVA, Ab initio & C development.
- Experience working with data scientists and building systems that support high volume data modeling workloads.
- Proficiency in building modern high volume web services.
- Proficiency working in a Linux-based environment, including shell scripting and basic system administration
- Experience with High-Performance GRID Computing platforms
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL programming
- Experience working on a team operating under an Agile Scrum delivery methodology
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems
- Experience as a tech lead in and Agile environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience
As a contributing member on one of our agile development teams, you will have both the accountability and freedom to build systems that are taking TransUnion to the next level. Success in this role requires a blend of skills in big data methodologies, high-performance computing, application development, database management, and/or data integration tools.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be usedto help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider ofglobal information solutions, our mission is to help people around the worldaccess the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helpingorganizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers tounderstand and manage their personal information. Because when people haveaccess to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make moreinformed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources theyneed to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it ishelping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumercan qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to makeneighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals,families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protectedveteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top