Java Tech Lead
Dynamics of the Role:
This role is for a senior technical consultant that will operate as a Tech Lead on one of the core teams of specialists that are responsible for enabling new features and optimizing strategic solutions within TransUnion's Batch Fulfillment platforms. Our platforms support a diverse group of analyst, operation teams, as well as TransUnion sales associates.
As a contributing member on one of our agile development teams, you will have both the accountability and freedom to build systems that are taking TransUnion to the next level. Success in this role requires a blend of skills in big data methodologies, high-performance computing, web application development, database management, and/or data integration tools.
How You'll Contribute:
- Collaborate with stakeholders on requirements and implementation approaches for addressing demand and challenges
- Deploy and implement batch fulfillment environments including hardware, software, end-user tools and other data services
- Create tools and services enabling end-user productivity and system integrations
- Partner with business resources to troubleshoot issues, manage capacity, and plan for the optimization and expansion of environments
- Maintain and ensure availability and quality of on-going data feeds
- Act as internal subject matter expert for the Batch Fulfillment Domain.
What You'll Bring:
- Ten or more years of hands-on experience in a software development profession.
- Five or more years leading software development teams both onshore and offshore.
- Proficiency in JAVA is preferred with a good understanding of Ab initio & C development.
- Proficiency working in a Linux-based environment, including shell scripting and basic system administration
- Experience with High-Performance GRID Computing platforms
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL programming
- Experience working on a team operating under an Agile Scrum delivery methodology
- Experience working on a team operating using modern CI tooling
- Experience as a technical lead in an agile team
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience
Who We Are:
A global leader in credit information and information managementservices, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community thepower to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk andcustomer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achievetheir financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strongeconomies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strongfoundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investmentworldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed likenever before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of ourdynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be apart of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top