As a contributing member on one of our agile development teams, you will have both the accountability and freedom to build systems that are taking TransUnion to the next level. Success in this role requires a blend of skills in big data methodologies, high-performance computing, web application development, database management, and/or data integration tools.
How You'll Contribute
- Assess the technical implementation of a solution (as it is being proposed to address customer's business requirements) and determine man hour estimates to deliver/build the solution
- Actively participate during full development life cycle such as user requirements study and analysis, requirement definition, feasibility study, functional and technical specifications development, system analysis and design, programming, testing and implementation.
- Write codes and/or configure solutions (including Unit Testing) in accordance to the required specification and in adherence to best practice and coding standards
- Provide QA and UAT support
- Prepare release packages, release notes and other relevant documentation for release deployments
- Ensure adequate documentation for all stages of application development
- Prepare/writes standard operating procedures for the ongoing maintenance of the application
- Assist local IT/technical staff to deliver first level system application support for the local country business operations
- Provide application support for the setup/maintenance of development, UAT and/or production environment
- Perform code review or peer reviews
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What You'll Bring
- Five or more years of hands-on experience in a software development profession.
- Two or more years leading software development teams both onshore and offshore.
- Proficiency in JAVA is required
- Knowledge of AngularJS practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Proficiency working in a Linux-based environment, including shell scripting and basic system administration
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL programming
- Experience working on a team operating under an Agile Scrum delivery methodology
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top