IT Risk Advisor - Global Third Party Risk Management
Dynamics of the Role
At TransUnion, we know that finding the right people is the reason we're a global leader in credit information and information management services. We strive to provide an environment that allows our talented people to find success and satisfaction. Now, we're adding to the team and seeking an IT Risk Advisor for Global Third Party Risk Management.
The Team's Focus
TransUnion works with businesses and consumers to gather, analyze, and deliver critical information needed to build strong economies around the world. Protection of that information is critical to our customers and business. As a Third Party IT Risk Advisor, you will be responsible for assessing third party risk, technology, information security, physical security, business continuity/disaster recovery, and ongoing monitoring.
How You'll Contribute:
- Information Security Assessments: Lead and execute complex information security assessments that require both analytical and technical skills across a broad range of information technology topics (e.g., identity and access management, security architecture, physical and environmental, etc.). Consistently test controls, apply risk assessment methodologies and evaluate risks.
- Third Party Monitoring: Assist in continuous monitoring of third party key risk indicators and key performance indicators.
- Collaboration: Build relationships cross functionally and globally with risk stewards, internal stakeholders, and third parties. Promote a risk-aware culture, with effective risk and compliance management practices.
- Communication: Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization, including senior management, business stakeholders and third parties. Ensure that risks are promptly and clearly articulated, and escalated appropriately.
- Process Improvement: Support projects that help improve the assessment process and support our overall third party risk strategy. Communicate with management regarding project obstacles and take ownership of their resolution to continue progress towards deliverables and timelines.
Who You'll Work With
In this critical role, you will work with TransUnion technology and business teams, and risk stewards such as Audit and Compliance. Externally you will work with vendors and other business partners.
What You'll Bring:
As an Advisor, you should have 5 – 10 years of information technology experience, preferably with information security responsibilities.
Other criteria include:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management systems or related field.
- Familiarity with current information security technologies and past experience in multiple of the following domain areas: identity and access management, application security, infrastructure security, system & data security, physical and environmental security, business continuity/disaster recover, and regulatory/standard compliance.
- Familiarity with industry frameworks and standards such as NIST 800-53, SSAE16/SSAE18, PCI-DSS, and ISO 27001/27002.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, time management and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Information security certification preferred (CISSP, CISA, CISA, Security ).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel). Archer experience a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time.
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion's history. Withinvestments in our people, technology and new business markets, we areredefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring newbusinesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businessesand consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for ourassociates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiencesto promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work withcompetitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casualculture.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we arededicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help peoplemake better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global informationsolutions, our mission is to help people around the world access theopportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizationsoptimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand andmanage their personal information. Because when people have access to morecomplete and multidimensional information, they can make more informeddecisions and achieve great things.
We are an equalopportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status,sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected bylaw.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top