IT Project Manager
Dynamics of the Role
We are seeking a Project Manager to plan and manage the delivery of information technology solutions and associated technical support services in support of the business objectives and ongoing operations. The individual in this role will apply proven communication, analytical and problem solving skills to help identify, communicate, organize and manage information systems projects to maximize the benefits of IT investments at TransUnion.
The Team’s Focus
The Project Management CoE (Center of Excellence) is a newly established group of application development and infrastructure project managers who are striving set standardization to better enable on-time, cost-controlled project delivery with exceedingly high quality. We use both traditional SDLC and Agile deployment methods.
We design, code/build, test, implement and provide ongoing support and maintenance (including contract management). We offer a clear career path and the opportunity to work on mission-critical projects as we move toward best-in-class technology. Recently, our group re-coded and moved applications off the mainframe to a Windows and Linux environment, created a new credit flagging capability for military members, established a 24×7 Enterprise Operations Center, and launched a virtualized computing environment resulting in increased efficiencies. We are a progressive, growing organization that appreciates our associates and their contributions to making us the best at what we do.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Plan and manage the delivery of information technology solutions and associated technical support services in support of the business objectives and ongoing operations.
- Apply proven communication, analytical and problem solving skills to help identify, communicate, organize and manage information systems projects to maximize the benefits of IT investments.
- Responsible for managing technology and consulting vendor/partner relationships, service delivery and overall performance as well as supervising IT staff and implementing IT policies and procedures.
- Collaboration and strategic partnerships across organizational business units and divisions
What You’ll Bring:
- 8 years of IT Project Management experience, preferably infrastructure focused.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Project management certification (preferred)
- Project Management: Lead complex projects involving multiple departments across specialty areas that have significant impact on business productivity and operations. Independently manage timelines, resources, budget, staff and implementation efforts. Project managed are typically less than 1 year endeavors with the majority of projects completed within six to nine months.
- Collaboration: Drive collaboration across teams and departments. Address issues upfront, define alternative solutions, resolve conflict and create lasting, productive partnerships with clients. Provide resources and organizational structure to promote collaborative efforts to project modules.
- Project Delivery: Deliver projects on time and in budget. Make changes to project phases as needed to address changes or problems to original project scope. Communicate with senior management regarding project obstacles and make necessary changes to project team makeup and scope in effort to continue progress towards deliverables.
- Communication: Convey goals and objectives to project team members in a clear and compelling manner. Produce concise project status reports that articulate project delivery. Ensure that issues and successes are clearly communicated to team members, stakeholders, sponsors and all levels of management. Ensure and promote open communication on the project teams. Tactfully and candidly address situations to maximize opportunity and minimize exposure to risk.
- Change Management: Recognize the impact corporate culture has on the success of projects and know how to use the organization to achieve project objectives. Strategically position projects within overall BU short and long term goals.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top