IT Procurement Sr Buyer
Dynamics of the Team
Global Procurement is a team of professional buyers and negotiators that acquire products and services that TransUnion requires both locally and globally. The Procurement buying teams are organized by category and commodity and are supported by IT Asset Management (ITAM) and Procurement Operations. The team also manages the relationships with vendors that supply TransUnion and also interfaces with other internal functions that oversee third party relationships such as Information Security, Accounts Payable, Finance, Legal, and Third Party Risk functions. The team manages RFI's, RFP's and Predictive Benchmarks to facilitate the bidding process. The two most important objectives in our negotiations is to protect the company and to get the best possible cost of ownership for the products and services being acquired.
Overview of the Role
The Sr. Buyer will help the Global Procurement deliver optimal cost, product or service quality, and value to TransUnion. This will be accomplished by working across multiple stakeholder groups to develop category strategies. As a key advisor to the Procurement process, you would consult on strategically selecting and building the right vendor relationships, negotiating the best contracts, and governing contracts effectively for TransUnion technology needs. You will be responsible for establishing and leading cross-functional teams of stakeholders for a portfolio of categories and supplier relationships through the sourcing and contract lifecycle, requirements definition, negotiation strategy selection & execution, project performance assessment, and vendor risk assessment. The successful candidate will be able to independently and proactively apply their business expertise and thought leadership to develop best practices that can be leveraged across the organization.
How You'll Contribute
- Analyzes spend patterns to identify opportunities to reduce or eliminate cost and/or operational variance in the Telco and Telephony area.
- Identifies, reconciles and prioritizes product and service procurement needs and deliverables in collaboration with internal customers across TransUnion locations.
- Monitors emerging technologies and marketplace developments and develops appropriate strategies to capitalize on same; facilitates the evaluation of products and services.
- Negotiates and finalizes contracts, ensuring full understanding of obligations and deliverables by affected parties.
- Provides customer service; builds strategic relationships with internal customers and operational leaders; assist with additional duties as assigned.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting of various financial metrics related to purchasing
- Communicate negotiation results to senior management
- Innovate, plan, and execute strategic initiatives that will strengthen quality, drive value, and enhance relationships with TransUnion vendor partnerships
- Managing projects appropriately to meet timescales, working with stakeholders on business cases and making vendor recommendations
- Developing global procurement strategies for the Telecommunication Category across many business units and, in some cases, member firms.
What You'll Bring
- BA Degree and/or minimum of 5 year's experience in Telco/Telephony procurement, contracts and vendor management.
- Experience with hardware procurement
- Subject Matter expertise in a given category (e.g. Mobility, Hardware, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to work independently and within a team.
- Experienced negotiator having worked in global environments
- CPSM certification preferred
- Experience interfacing with IT Asset Management (ITAM)
- Experience with managing, negotiating vendor agreements in M&A scenarios including transition servicing agreements (TSAs)
- Broad experience negotiating complex vendor contracts
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information.
Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find new ways information can be used for good. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top