IT Governance, Risk, and Compliance Consultant
Dynamics of the Role
We are seeking a Global Technology (GT) Governance Consultant to assist in assessing and overseeing all information technology-related risk and compliance solutions. The individual in this role will apply proven communication, self-motivation, analytical and problem solving skills to help identify, communicate, organize and manage governance assessments to adding value in the areas of governance, risk and compliance for Transunion's IT function.
The Team's Focus
GT Governance is responsible for four main areas: governance, reporting, communication, tool support. We perform assurance / audit and risk assessments across the IT enterprise. Taking the results of these assessments, we partner with IT leaders to remediate findings and reduce unwanted risk to our enterprise. We act risk and governance ambassadors, assisting and guiding gap analysis and provide best practices and control recommendations. Additionally, we partner with all areas of IT, compliance and/or legal.
We also compile a large amount if internal IT data and use our analysis and findings to share GT health across the entire company. We strive to be a best in class communication team and support two commonly used systems, Clarity and Agile Central.
We are a progressive, growing organization that appreciates our associates and their contributions to making us the best at what we do.
How You'll Contribute:
- Assist in the creation and on-going maturity of the GT Governance function by establishing internal partnerships, process organization and documentation
- Own and / or facilitate weekly project meetings to drive project progress and resolve issues; prepare and distribute agendas, minutes, action items and status reports
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, maintain excellent communication (written and oral) and service to internal client groups
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in IT, Computer Science, Business, or other relevant topics
- Experience: 2-5 years of hands on experience within IT Governance, Risk, and Compliance space; General project management experience; IT project familiarity a plus (application development, infrastructure or information security); 2-4 years of professional experience with Information Security, Risk Compliance, Audit or Information Technology that may include: compliance testing, development of remediation activities and work plan, risk management
- Leadership: Strong organizational leadership skills working with senior management through individual contributors
- Analysis: Experience with analysis techniques to correlate cause and effects; IT focus is a plus
- Problem solving: Ability to quickly identify and resolve problems and to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Communication: Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills: Must possess strong people skills and professionalism with the ability to maintain good working relationships with colleagues at all levels; must have a strong customer-focused attitude with the ability to listen, understand and respond quickly to customers
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top