Corporate Investigations Department
Dynamics of the Role
Work in a fast paced challenging environment for one of the leading information and technology companies to prevent, detect and investigate fraud and ensure adherence to Code of Conduct, Ethics and internal policies and procedures. Contribute to the execution and advancement of investigation techniques to determine root cause and responsibility.
The Team's Focus
The Corporate Investigations team conducts investigations into instances of fraud and malfeasance, interacting with internal and external stakeholders across the enterprise. The Team develops and executes industry leading techniques in fraud prevention, detection and investigation. Team members are strong problem-solvers and project managers. We encourage professional development and recognize good work.
How You'll Contribute:
- Apply proficient knowledge and understanding of company policies and procedures, federal, state and local regulations pertaining to TransUnion's credit reporting and related business activities to conduct complex investigations.
- Independently conduct thorough and detailed investigations to identify root causes of risk.
- Conduct in-depth interviews of alleged suspects and fact witnesses.
- Coordinate the collection and preservation of evidence.
- Analyze information collected during investigations and recommend solutions to mitigate risk.
- Utilize experience and investigative skills to identify fraud trends and patterns to include cross channel fraud.
- Communicate with business unit associates, TransUnion departments, customers, regulatory agencies, and law enforcement to provide and obtain information related to investigations and inquiries.
- Prepare thorough reports, memorandums and summaries outlining investigation facts, data and develop actionable intelligence for the management and the business to mitigate fraud and process risk.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure risks and vulnerabilities identified throughout the investigations are mitigated and resolved quickly.
- Drive the development of business cases that include financial and/or process improvement benefits that address fraud risk to TU.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree plus minimum 5 years prior experience in investigation, compliance, legal or related environment.
- Holding or working to obtain Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designation.
- Subject matter expertise in fraud and investigation issues.
- Strong organizational skills with strong analytical skills, logical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to work under general supervision, following established procedures and exercising wide discretion and latitude in determining investigative techniques and methods necessary to conduct highly complex investigations.
- Requires availability to work outside regular business hours and, when necessary, travel on short notice.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top