International Analytics Consultant
Dynamics of the Role
This Consultant position is in the International Core Credit analytics group which supports product development and analysis across the global markets where TransUnion operates. This level analytic consultant position is expected to develop credit risk management and business intelligence analytic solutions through consulting engagements and research serving TransUnion’s clients. You will have a keen understanding of consumer lending and credit risk management practices. You will apply your analytical skills, including regression, segmentation, clustering, and other advanced statistical analysis techniques, to work on all aspects of the account lifecycle in the consumer credit domain on behalf of a diverse set of clients, ranging from credit risk models for acquisition and account management, cross-sell applications, event-based trigger solutions, and strategy analyses of various kinds. Working closely with regional analytics teams, this position integrates experience, theory, and applied business statistics to understand the client’s critical business issues and applies them to design, develop, and implement complex analytical solutions across the entire customer life cycle for all industries TransUnion serves.
The Team’s Focus
- Develops generic scores for various applications such as credit risk assessment, collections, customer response and loyalty for all industries TransUnion serves across international markets.
- Develops global solutions for a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Keeps track of industry trend, and conducts R&D to develop next generation core solutions.
- Applies knowledge and experience in statistics and business analysis; Continues to acquire higher level of knowledge and skills.
- Establishes policies and governance to ensure safety and soundness in performing moderate to more advanced modeling and analysis of business issues.
- Develops standard processes and procedures to institutionalize and apply best practices; Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers.
How You’ll Contribute
- You will partner with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive new business initiatives and deliver long term value-added product propositions TransUnion’s customers. This includes but is not limited to the development of predictive risk management and business intelligence solutions for credit card issuers, auto & mortgage lenders, collections agencies and retail banks.
- You will design and write programs for data extraction, segmentation and statistical analysis on large population datasets using languages such as R, SAS, SQL, Hive, and Pig on Linux, PC, and Hadoop computing platforms.
- Work on diverse scope assignments through utilizing various advanced statistical modeling techniques such as regression, CHAID, clustering neural network and other advanced statistical methods.
- Apply project management skills, statistical expertise, and knowledge of credit data and analytical resources to determine the scope, design, development of data requirements and specifications, statistical analysis or mathematical modeling, summarize results in PowerPoint, including partnership with regional analytical groups, and ensure that deliverables are in accordance with client expectation and business need within time and cost constraints.
- You will deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers and an executive audience.
- You will develop project proposals, sales presentations and promotional collateral to enable the adoption of integrated customer solutions supported by TransUnion.
- You will identify strategies and opportunities for customers to test and adopt TransUnion’s analytic products and services.
- You will foster a high performance culture and cultivate an environment that promotes excellence and reflects the TransUnion brand.
- Explore new statistical analysis, software, and related research techniques and present findings to peers and other groups within TransUnion.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with regional teams within TransUnion.
- The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job of the Analytic Consultant position. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What You’ll Bring
- Master’s or PhD degree in statistics, applied mathematics, financial mathematics, engineering, operations research, or another highly quantitative field. A track record of academic excellence.
- At least four years of professional experience performing analytic work in Financial Services or related industries
- Experience and demonstrated success in client-facing roles over a period of at least two (2) years
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem solving skills.
- Advanced programming skills; proficiency with a statistical language such as R or SAS; experience using other programming and data manipulation languages preferred (SQL, Hive, Pig, Python, C/C , Java); high level of familiarity with Microsoft Office tools.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical concepts and data mining techniques such as: logistic and linear regression, CHAID segmentation, survival analysis, Bayesian methods, optimization and time-series forecasting.
- Strong understanding of statistical tools and their application to business, as well as principles of cost/benefit analysis, risk management, marketing and operations.
- Versatile interpersonal and communication style with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels within and outside the organization; ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively, set priorities and develop work plans, assemble project teams, structure and execute quantitative analyses, oversee support staff, and meeting deadlines.
- Inquisitive and willing to learn with a positive approach to work within a team and cross-functional teams.
- Occasional travel is required.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top