International Accounting Manager
Dynamics of the Role
This is an excellent opportunity to manage a dynamic and fast paced corporate accounting team, supporting TransUnion's growing International business segment. As the team's manager, you'll supervise the financial consolidation and reporting of a portfolio of companies spanning from start-ups to mature businesses that operate in over 30 countries across North America, Africa, Latin America and Asia.
How You'll Contribute
- Establish processes and timelines to ensure the accurate and timely consolidation of international subsidiaries operating in over 30 countries
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements, fluctuation analysis and other ad hoc reports / analysis for business unit leaders
- Review month end consolidations, reconciliations, workpapers and analysis prepared by staff members and regional accounting teams
- Train and develop professional accounting associates on the application of accounting standards, specifically relating to: revenue recognition, business combinations, consolidations, multi-currency transactions, stock-based compensation, taxes and other significant pronouncements
- Address audit related inquires and serve as the main contact for internal and external auditors
- Maintain and implement enhanced internal controls to respond to risks associated with key financial statement accounts
- Assist finance team in modeling financial impacts of proposed transactions and address inquiries from finance leaders regarding financial results and trends
- Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day accounting activities related to M&A integrations, systems implementations, and business initiatives;
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and segment specific accounting policies and procedures
- Lead Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance program across all countries
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (MBA a plus)
- Active CPA license
- 7-10 years relevant work experience (mix of public accounting and industry a plus)
- Strong working knowledge of US and international accounting standards
- Managerial / supervisory experience
- Recent experience in international accounting and finance
- Demonstrated track record of career progression
- Proficiency with accounting information systems (PeopleSoft, SAP, Hyperion, etc.) and Microsoft Office products
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top