Insurance Product Analyst
Dynamics of the Role
We are looking for Product Analyst who will be responsible for the execution of product strategies and objectives across the Insurance business unit. The Analyst will perform assessments of product performance, customer-specific studies, and market segments resulting in recommendations for product strategies related to enhancements and positioning, as well as analyzing product life cycles, revenue, and profitability is required. This position will then also lead efforts to develop and launch product line extensions and enhancements.
This individual will be responsible for executing product development initiatives which may include research and analysis, leading product ideation sessions, generating business requirements, reviewing functional requirements, leading small and mid-size development efforts and taking some ownership of the centralized product development process functions. You will provide general field support efforts aligned with individual product strategies and assist with monitoring financial results, as well as supporting solutions for fraud and risk. At this level, the incumbent displays independence, leadership, tact and persuasion, judgment in managing and executing complex and abstract assignments.
The Team's Focus
TransUnion Insurance has been an industry-leading provider of marketing and underwriting solutions for over 20 years. We're focused on delivering ground-breaking, data-driven solutions for insurance carriers in the auto, property and life markets. To that end, we provide clients with innovative data, analytics and business intelligence that enable our partners to efficiently attract, and retain quality policyholders and improve profitability. Our smarter, more advanced insights and analytics give our clients a competitive edge. Our team, which offers an entrepreneurial culture, backed by the financial stability and market maturity of a larger corporation, is curious, committed to customer success and focused on client engagement and the customer experience. The team is growing fast–25% over this past year–and the business is continuing on a growth trajectory, with future plans to expand further into the life market.
How You'll Contribute:
- Product Research Analysis and Business Development: With guidance, may be asked to initiate industry and product research - for example, with sales or research, perform web research or call on customers to probe needs and identify gaps and trends. Through a variety of methodologies and/or perspectives, evaluate research results and recommend to management options to explore in new product development.
- Data Analysis: Coordinates with external vendors and internal business units to perform data analysis of products and data assets. Consolidates and prepares reporting of the analysis, including customer-specific reporting, and make recommendations to management with options to improve the analysis process, reporting and/or product.
- Project Management: Manages projects associated with the development and product launch activities supporting product line extensions and enhancements consistent with product portfolio strategies. Establish and manage the overall timeline for small development efforts, assists on medium and large development efforts. Provide continual updates to manager and clients to ensure the project's direction is on course and within established timelines. Support the core business unit processes with responsibility for completing all tasks associated with the product development process, including documenting business requirements, use cases and scenarios, confirming product features and functionality, product documentation preparation and review, participating in compliance reviews, etc.
- Product Launch & Roll-Out: Participates in product releases, launch plan, customer roll-out and onboarding. May also develop sales tools including training materials, presentations, features and benefits. Works with Account management to ensure product is effectively launched. Tracks and keeps management up to date on billing, invoice, royalties, and ROI.
- Presentations: Conduct internal presentations on the product development process and projects, representing the business unit at sales meetings, customer meetings, internal or external product training, or cross-organizational internal meetings.
What You'll Bring:
- A Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in finance, mathematics, business or an equivalent field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience related to product management or product development.
- P&C insurance experience, especially with knowledge of third party reports, such as loss history reports, coverage history reports, and credit reports, and how they are used in the auto insurance Industry.
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills using Excel, and PowerPoint required, with experience using other standard analysis and business intelligence tools helpful.
- Proven communication and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple project/products simultaneously are required.
- Independence, initiative, and business acumen are necessary for the success of the incumbent.
- Prior experience in business information services is preferred.
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top