Information Security Intern - Summer 2017
Dynamics of the Role
Interested in an opportunity to join the Security Engineering & Architecture team? Successful candidates will be trained in the use of state of the art security hardware and software in an enterprise environment. We expect that you will support our team by employing your skills on a variety of challenging projects – from incident management, to intrusion detection, to vulnerability & exploit analysis.
The Team’s Focus
Within this hands-on position, we expect you to be passionate about information security. Active participation in the security community, curiosity and drive to learn and apply your knowledge, and a willingness to get your hands dirty is key to being successful in this position.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Responsible for a designated set of software tools and the security functionality of those tools
- Oversee functionality of security systems to ensure security policies are being followed
- Responsible for maintenance and monitoring of security systems
- Responsible for keeping as-build documentation up to date
- Execute enhancement efforts for one or more security product implementation
What You’ll Bring:
- Comfortable working knowledge of Linux, OS X, and Windows operating systems and some knowledge of their fundamentals
- A basic understanding of IPv4 networking fundamentals and related infrastructure. (IPv6 is a bonus)
- Basic knowledge of PKI and TLS, as well as commonly-found threats and vulnerabilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Organization and ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Creativity and flexibility
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top