HR Compensation Consultant
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we're consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- The Compensation Consultant provides advanced level consultation, guidance and direction of compensation to human resources professionals, Business Unit Management and Leadership. Assists in the design, development and/or implementation of compensation programs, policies and practices. Works with HR groups and Marketing to create Comp education training and communication with a drive towards transparency.
- Ensures all compensation programs are compliant with federal and State applicable laws and meeting organizational business objectives, and provides support for key components/activities of the compensation program, development and administration.
- Serves as project lead on major compensation initiatives, including the design and development of compensation programs and other special compensation projects. Identifies opportunities for enhancement and change in compensation programs, policies and procedures. Acts as change agent to develop, implement and communicate change initiatives. Recommends and implements approved changes to process and policy.
- Provide advice, counsel and ongoing support regarding employee compensation issues including internal/external competitiveness, program design, program effectiveness assessment, and overall governance related to TU's compensation philosophy and principles, including competitive pay for performance.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the year-end annual compensation planning cycle.
- Develop, maintain and continually expand a good working knowledge of the business strategy of assigned groups to advise on various topics such as compensation trends, role definition, legal and regulatory requirements, and a view of all total rewards in order to provide effective consultation to the business.
- Use market and business knowledge, in conjunction with TU compensation principles and policies, to assess the implication of market trends to identify compensation issues and opportunities.
- Partners with appropriate internal and external resources to ensure that all designed programs, plan documentation and communications meet the needs of the business.
- Work with other HR groups and Marketing to create Comp education/training/communication.
We'd Love to See:
- Certification is desirable - Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
Impact You'll Make:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, related field or equivalent experience. At least 5 years of experience in Compensation, Finance, or general HR.
- Agile mindset with the ability to work in a fast paced and maintain strong attention to detail
- Strong consultative / customer service skills required both in verbal and written communication
- Ability and willingness to communicate unfavorable information resulting from analysis and present findings to the business in a way that influences their thinking
- Well-developed analytical, consultative, and communication skills
- Needs to have flexibility to work in situations where there is no unique, correct answer and be able to apply independent judgment to create solutions outside of established guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Strong planning and organizing skills, group facilitation and presentation experience, project management and decision-making approaches
- Demonstrated knowledge of matrix organizational structure, policies and practices are preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory and statutory requirements related to compensation for both federal, provincial and state jurisdictions as applicable
- Demonstrated ability to create, develop and implement new compensation programs
- Ability to multitask many duties at same time and prioritize as needed based on deadlines, impact and urgency
- Familiarity with Workday is a plus
- Must be proficient with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Back to top