Healthcare Information Security Advisor
The Team's Focus:
TransUnion works with businesses and consumers to gather, analyze, and deliver critical information needed to build strong economies around the world. Protection of that information is critical our customers and business. As an Information Security Advisor, you will be part of the Global Information Security team and be responsible for supporting our Healthcare Solutions. You will lead assessments of TransUnion information systems and processes for HITRUST/HIPAA/FISMA, as well as the annual/on-going continuous monitoring program.
How You'll Contribute:
- Program & Project Management: Own and manage a portfolio of security projects (e.g., process improvement, assessments, other) in support of our overall Information Security strategy and annual plan objectives. Lead information security projects involving multiple stakeholders across specialty areas and International locations. Manage timelines and resources. Communicate with senior management regarding project obstacles and take ownership of their resolution to continue progress towards deliverables and timelines. Projects managed are typically less than one year with majority completed in three to nine months.
- Information Security Assessments: Lead and execute complex information security assessments that require both analytical and technical skills across a broad range of Information Technology topics (e.g., Identity and Access Management, Security Architecture, Physical and Environmental, etc.). Consistently follow approved risk assessment methodologies and according to risk framework(s) defined by Global Information Security. Provide continuous monitoring for key activities.
- Collaboration: Enable TransUnion's business functions by leading collaboration across teams and locations. Address issues upfront, define alternative solutions as needed, resolve conflict and create lasting, productive partnerships with our stakeholders.
- Communication: Actively listen during project meetings and clarify information as needed; actively engage with internal business stakeholders contacts. Produce concise project status reports and presentations on a timely basis. Ensure that issues as well as successes are clearly communicated to team members, stakeholders, and sponsors. Ensure and promote open communication within project teams.
- Annual Planning: Participate in annual planning by providing local country knowledge of security posture, capabilities and needs based on established relationships with business and IT stakeholders and understanding of local trends and plans.
What You'll Bring:
As an Advisor, you should have 5 – 8 years of information security experience, preferably within healthcare industry. Other criteria include:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management systems or related field
- Experience in working with virtual teams
- Familiarity with current information security technologies and past experience in delivery of technologies in multiple of the following domain areas: Identity and Access Management, Application Security, Infrastructure Security, System & Data Security, Physical and Environmental Security, Business Continuity/Disaster Recover, and Regulatory/Standard Compliance.
- Familiarity with industry frameworks and standards such as HIPAA HITRUST CSF, NIST CsF, NIST SP 800-53 r4, HIPAA Security Rule and ISO/IEC 27001/27002
- Information Security and or Healthcare (CISSP, CISA, Security , CCSFP) certification preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially PowerPoint and Excel) and Microsoft Project
- Ability to travel domestically up to 20% of time
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion's history. Withinvestments in our people, technology and new business markets, we areredefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring newbusinesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businessesand consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for ourassociates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiencesto promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work withcompetitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casualculture.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we arededicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help peoplemake better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global informationsolutions, our mission is to help people around the world access theopportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizationsoptimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand andmanage their personal information. Because when people have access to morecomplete and multidimensional information, they can make more informeddecisions and achieve great things.
We are an equalopportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status,sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected bylaw.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top