Healthcare ETL Analyst
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we're consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- 2-4 years' experience with relational databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server) and SQL within a Healthcare environment is preferred and or EHR systems
- Experience in analyzing, profiling, modeling, validating and documenting data, definitions, values, and relationships
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to propose and implement solutions to challenges encountered while working projects.
- Able to manage a high workload of projects and maintain timely completion and quality standards
We'd love to see:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a data science, MIS or related major.
- History of success in mentoring new employees to successful contributors.
Impact You'll Make:
- (First 90 days and beyond)Provide technical expertise on extracting data from patient accounting systems, especially Epic, Meditech, McKesson and Cerner.
- Gather and analyze relevant data, identify data elements and functionality to support the business requirements.
- Work onsite & remote with hospital information technology teams for streamlining data acquisition as required in order to develop and maintain accurate and effective data extraction and sanitizing solutions using SQL.
- Work with clients and business partners to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs. Lead client discussion regarding importance of data and required elements for project success.
- Perform data analysis, profiling, discovery, assessment and validation using off-the-shelf as well as internal tools. Create queries/reports by linking data from multiple sources, using analysis tools including Excel and SQL.
- Actively contribute to training efforts of new employees and work to increase the group's body of knowledge.
- Mentor new team members and neighboring teams in Implementation team best practices and department standards.
About the Team:
TransUnion Healthcare, a wholly owned subsidiary of global information and insights company TransUnion, is a trusted provider of Revenue Protection® solutions that prevent revenue leakage by helping over 1,800 hospitals and 500,000 physicians engage patients early, ensure earned revenue gets paid and optimize collection strategies. TransUnion Healthcare leverages extensive data assets, patented and peer-reviewed revenue cycle technologies and advanced analytics to uncover deep insights that help providers improve the patient financial experience, understand patient behavior patterns, reduce uncompensated care, maximize reimbursement and collectively recover over $1.0 billion annually in revenue. TransUnion Healthcare's Revenue Protection solutions represent the most comprehensive suite of Patient Access and Revenue Recovery solutions in the industry and serve a wide range of hospitals and health systems, ambulatory and physician practices, government, healthcare payers, and healthcare partners and resellers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Analyst, Business Operations
Back to top