Healthcare Contracts Analyst
The Team’s Focus
TransUnion is a trusted provider of global information solutions for assessing and managing risk, driven by a belief that information can help advance our industry, facilitate commerce and ultimately increase the standard of living for consumers around the world. One of TransUnion’s key business lines is TransUnion Healthcare. TransUnion Healthcare focuses on healthcare solutions for maximizing reimbursement, driven by a belief that information can help advance our industry, improve patient engagement, and ultimately increase the effectiveness of the healthcare system. In that light, we see information differently – not just for what it is, but for what it can help providers accomplish. We deliver this by leveraging our data assets (covering more than 500 million consumers), market-leading revenue cycle technologies (five patents, three pending), and deep insights into consumer financial behavior, to help providers reduce uncompensated care and improve cash flow with one of the most patient-centric revenue cycle management systems (front- and back-end) on the market today.
Dynamics of the Role
The Contract Analyst is responsible for managing an assigned group of customers’ reimbursement contracts, including updates, information upload to the system, review and validation of all data, and general client service. Each Contract Analyst is solely responsible to maintain their own client base and ensure accuracy of information entered into Clear Quote/Clear IQ system.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Updates payer reimbursement rates based on hospital approved negotiated contracts and ensures all rates are accurate and current
- Professionally manage client interactions and assist customer by walking them through contract processes, information, calculations (i.e accurately calculating allowable and explaining the calculation & results to clients)
- Continuously adapt to changing reimbursement methods and Clear Quote/Clear IQ system enhancements and master necessary tools to appropriately model contracts
- Manage the reimbursement side of those enhancement along with all other contract changes for each of their clients
- Interpret and correctly input reimbursement related data into Clear Quote/Clear IQ and understand how the allowable is derived from this information
- Comprehend and manipulate fee schedules for upload into the Clear Quote/Clear IQ systems
- Navigate CMS and Tricare websites
- Maintain full responsibilities for quality information entered into the system while meeting required deadlines
- Identify and resolve operational issues using defined processes and methodologies
- Communicate effectively with customers, peers and co-workers
- Work independently and QA own work and assist other junior team members with cross validation of reimbursement data
- Tier 2 support on incoming Sales Force tickets
- May provide back up for Customer Support as needed by taking customer calls and resolving reimbursement related issues or queries
- Must remain aware of regulatory responsibilities and remain current on technical areas to include HIPPA and the importance of PHI
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion’s history. With investments in our people, technology and new business markets, we are redefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring new businesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businesses and consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for our associates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiences to promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work with competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casual culture.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top