Healthcare Accounts Specialist
Dynamics of the Role
We currently have an opportunity in Culver City, CA for a Customer Service Representative (CSR / Rep II). TransUnion Healthcare's Culver City business unit facilitates the transfer and validation of Encounter/Claims data from the submitter to the Payer.
The CSR is responsible for supporting an assigned base of customers (submitters), addressing customer inquiries, working with customer to reduce errors, customer engagement, and building/strengthening relationships by providing superior customer service.
The Team's Focus
TransUnion Healthcare is one of the fastest growing verticals in a $1-billion global company. TransUnion Healthcare, a wholly owned subsidiary of the global credit and information management company TransUnion, empowers providers and payers with Intelligence in an Instant® by providing data and analytics at the point of need. In the provider market, TransUnion Healthcare offers a series of data and decisioning solutions designed to help providers and patients find financial solutions for needed care.
How You'll Contribute:
- Engages in a proactive strategy in managing customer accounts or product relationship. Contacts established customers reviewing their customer satisfaction levels with product, resolving issues and informing customers of product features or enhancements.
- Routinely communicates with clients and responds to incoming customer calls/emails/tickets regarding files, errors, projects, changes, service issues, requests for additional service and other related customer inquiries.
- Works with customer (and other support staff / vendor) to minimize the number of errors in customers' data to maximize throughput to the Payer
- Provides necessary reports or information to assist in facilitating the error correction process
- Research and resolve as appropriate various corrections
- Follow up with customers regarding issues and errors that require their assistance
- Initiate, track and help to resolve Customer Support cases
- Provides training on products / portal
- Maintains and expands existing accounts and increases penetration of products
- Understands products to address business needs. Creates solutions for clients/products. Works closely with technical, production, and vendors for project development, scheduling and budgeting if required.
- Main point of contact for customers. Ensure full life cycle contact from initial conversion through ongoing maintenance.
- Works with customer to ensure test file is able to be converted accurately into the system. Works with QA to review test files and ultimately is able to get the client file into production.
- Communicate with teams on priority of files and processing requirements.
- May participate on weekly calls with key customers. Provides timely and professional resolution to customer inquiries. Keeps customer informed of changes or problems.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the file and system. Listens to the customer and asks questions to understand.
- Facilitates related technical training for the customer as needed.
- Has a professional presence in front of the client. Handles client /product expectations on daily basis through constant communications.
- Coordinates / participates in meetings with customer base
- Looks for ways to increase general knowledge to perform tasks well.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- Background in the medical/Healthcare industry with an understanding of medical terminology (i.e: CMS-1500, UB04, CPT Codes, ICD10)
- Good knowledge of Healthcare industry encounter/claims formats (i.e.: ANSI 837, ANSI 277)
- 2 years progressive experience in customer service capacity managing and delivering high level service to customers
- High school diploma or equivalent, bachelor degree preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot customer problems/issues and resolve them in a timely manner
- Skilled in working as part of a team and collaborating with colleagues
- Ability to multi-task between a variety of tasks
- Ability to prioritize tasks to complete work in a timely manner when there are changes, competing requirements or pressures of deadline
- Good organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
What We Offer
Committed, Responsive, Open, Thoughtful, Engaged.
Our success is rooted in a few simple values: integrity, service, reliability, and performance. These values give our customers the power to achieve their goals. We think of ourselves as a start-up company with a trusted pedigree. We pride ourselves on fostering a fun, friendly work culture that allows associates at every level the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to innovative projects – and allows them a life outside the office. Our salaries, and benefits are highly competitive – designed to attract and retain great talent. And our engaged and accessible senior staff members pride themselves on creating opportunities for associates to collaborate, grow, and advance.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top