GM II Country Manager / Business Development
What We'll Bring:
We're looking for a self-driven individual who is passionate about data, solutions, and creating value for clients to lead TU business development in our Botswana market. The role involves strategic management to drive growth and expansion of TU services and market share. You will be working with the Director and other senior managers, in the development and execution of the country strategy, with a focus on delivering on a business development and growth agenda. The role is diverse and involves driving the identification of traditional and non-traditional business development opportunities, marketing, sales, financial analysis, planning and control, as well as business unit coordination and management. Providing active leadership and coaching to the team, as well as improving integration with respective South Africa 'hubs' will be critical. An entrepreneurial nature, working with emerging industries (such as Telco and Fintech) and creating multi-dimensional relationships with government, will be key.
What You'll Bring:
You'll bring your tenacity and leadership expertise along with at least 7years' experience in financial services or technology industry, as well as a proven risk, strategy, marketing and people management experience, with an emphasis on sales and business development.
- A good technical understanding of the role of data and analytics in the risk management space.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related management field is required.
- This position requires a strong background in sales, business market development and marketing in information services related industry plus in-depth experience in finance fundamentals.
- Proven track record of successful profit and loss ownership and growth.
- Proven experience working with strategic partners and government.
- A solid understanding of the credit bureau and data businesses.
- Computer Literacy.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong leadership and coaching, skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across geographies.
- The position requires creativity, an entrepreneurial flair, strong strategic vision and the ability to make the vision reality i.e. execution.
- Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem-solving. Demonstrated ability to seek out opportunity within ambiguity.
Impact You'll Make:
- Formulate and guide the implementation of long- and short-range plans associated with the growth of the Botswana business unit, within the broad framework of the Rest of Africa strategy and overall enterprise strategy to achieve approved objectives and ensures their proper execution.
- Drives delivery of monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets, actively seeking out new opportunities, improving TU penetration into existing clients, and expanding from the traditional customer set, working with new clients and partners.
- Direct, develop, integrate, and guide the tactical activities, plans and strategies of the business unit to achieve profit targets
- Develop revenue and cost forecasts for assigned areas and direct reports. Manage actual expenses according to projections. Develops recommendations and plans for transforming operations, to increase existing resources focus to drive impactful sales activities. Drive activities throughout the sales cycle by using own network of contacts to identify prospects; leveraging own understanding of the bigger picture; drawing on depth of experience to strategise account plans; and, ultimately, helping to close business. Manage, coach and develop sales team to expand TU's value proposition and drive growth. Strategise and implement sales plans for specific key accounts where cultivating relationships, identifying opportunities, and account management skills are critical.
- Skillfully intervenes in contentious customer interactions, targeting conflict resolution in a way that satisfies the customer and preserves the salesperson's account relationship. Meet with key clients, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Review and direct the development of new market opportunities and requirements for existing products and new products, bringing these for approval to senior management at the appropriate time. Work with the Regional and International CoE's to leverage product opportunities.
- Function as a business expert with extensive breadth of industry knowledge. Maintain an awareness of, and exercises sound business judgment in such areas as market conditions, competitive activities, general economic conditions and related frameworks and regulatory matters.
- Direct and develop an effective sales force and office to accomplish current sales, operational and marketing goals by appropriate assignment of job responsibilities, maintaining a positive work climate and providing training and development opportunities.
- Manage and maintain media and industry association relationships, driving the TU brand and value proposition in traditional and non-traditional areas.
- Ensure alignment and buy in with senior management (including sales, research, marketing, data, IT, operations, product, analytics, and finance) in relation to all functional dependencies and requirements relating to country operations. Champion a clear channel of communication and coordination between functional counterparts in the business unit - responsible for cross-functional coordination and specification of effective processes and standards for support departments.
- Ensure that effective systems, procedures metrics, and operational and financial controls, in terms of TU Group requirements are operational and maintained for the regions, with particular emphasis on IT and data security.
- Comply with company policy, state and local regulations. Ensure division is compliant with all applicable internal and external policies and regulations and drive sound business ethics and corporate governance.
- Manage for a high performance team through measurement and accountability, utilising the mediums of performance contracting and management, one on ones and performance reviews. Ensure appropriate staff development and talent management to secure succession and appropriate resourcing.
TransUnion Job Title
GM II, Business Development
Back to top