Global Procurement Lead
At Transunion, we know that finding the right people is the reason we're a global leader in credit information and information management services. We strive to provide an environment that allows our talented people to find success and satisfaction. Now, we're adding to the team and seeking a Global Procurement Lead.
Global Procurement is a team of professional buyers and negotiators that acquire products and services that TransUnion requires both locally and globally. The Procurement buying teams are organized by category and commodity and are supported by IT Asset Management (ITAM) and Procurement Operations. The team also manages the relationships with vendors that supply TransUnion and also interfaces with other internal functions that oversee third party relationships such as Information Security, Accounts Payable, Finance, Legal, and Third Party Risk functions. The team manages RFI's, RFP's and Predictive Benchmarks to facilitate the bidding process. The two most important objectives in our negotiations is to protect the company and to get the best possible cost of ownership for the products and services being acquired.
Basic Accountability Statement:
- Demonstrates business acumen beyond own department. Pursues objectives and goals and recommends solutions influencing key outcomes for the entire global organization.
- Knows the organization and can interpret the implications of change for their department and business unit.
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and leads daily team activities.
- Minimal if any direct supervision. Work may be done without established procedures.
- Develops advanced program initiatives and guides their development into a final product or service that has impact within cross-functional teams within their department or across departments, or enterprise wide.
- Communication involves planning and preparation of the communications, require skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objectives of the communications.
- Contacts are typically with senior-level individuals, and/or individuals of significant importance across other departments and/or business units.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Supervises the work of individual contributors. Assists with management decisions and activities. Typically does not have responsibility for hiring, firing, and compensation actions.
- Working knowledge of team function within the organization.
- Advanced/well developed skills and knowledge with a specific professional discipline involving the integration of theory and principles with organizational practices and procedures.
- Achieves job objectives and solves problems of complex issues where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Recommendations are made to senior level management. Results of findings may alter operations within multiple business units or enterprise.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Has work experience involving advanced concepts and procedures.
- Manage one or more non-IT commodities (e.g., marketing, facilities, consulting, data, insurance) globally
- Direct and lead strategy and planning for one or more non-IT commodities to deliver competitive advantage for TransUnion's business colleagues through cost savings, lifecycle value generation, demand management and innovation on a global basis.
- Create and continually review a robust and forward-looking commodity plan that uses the full range of supply and demand-side levers.
- Identify new outsourcing opportunities and assess their relevance and potential value to TransUnion.
- Develop influential senior level relationships with IT businesses and global functions.
- Focus on solutions built around Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
To Be Successful in the Role, You Should Meet the Following Requirements:
- 3-5 year track record of managing a Procurement commodity
- Financial Services experience preferred, but we would consider someone from a medium-large multinational organization
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strategy and planning experience
- Bachelor's degree or greater
- CPSM certification preferred
- Experience with managing, negotiating vendor agreements in M&A scenarios including transition servicing agreements (TSAs)
- Broad experience negotiating complex vendor contracts
Who We Are:
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top