Global Operations Center 3rd Shift Lead
The 3rd Shift Global Operations Center (GOC) Lead is responsible for providing quality and efficient incident resolution through the awareness and support of the overnight team. The Lead and their teams are responsible for monitoring services, resolving incidents, and bridge call support. In addition, the position is responsible for assisting the manager with development, analyses, and implementation of staffing, training, scheduling, and reward/recognition programs. This role plays an integral part in the uptime availability of services to our customers.
- Provides daily direction and communication to employees so that incidents are resolved in a timely, efficient, and knowledgeable manner
- Provides continual evaluation of processes and procedures. Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency, and service to both internal and external customers.
- Provides solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Provides performance feedback and coaching on a regular basis to each team member.
- Situational awareness of all incidents and issues in the environment
- Understands overall departmental and business unit goals and how existing products/procedures/processes support those goals.
- Ensures employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs.
- Understand the upcoming and ongoing changes in the environment and ability to correlate to any open incidents.
- Typically spends at least 20% of time performing similar work as those supervised.
- Acts as a resource and mentor to the team.
- Works as a member of special or ongoing projects that are important to area/process improvement.
- Creates and maintains a high-quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level.
- Responds to and resolves employee relations issues expressed by team members.
- Writes and administers performance reviews for skill improvement.
- Uses appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding department or employee concerns.
This role requires limited supervision. No instructions needed on routine work, and general instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments. Mentors less experienced peers and displays leadership as needed.
Contacts are typically with mid- to senior-level individuals,across other departments and/or business units.
Must be able to work schedule of: 11pm – 8am Tuesday – Friday
- 7 years of experience (leadership preferred)
- Bachelor degree in technology related field is preferred
- Management or experience with Network, Windows, Linux, and/or Application Support
- Experience with Global Operations Center
- Strong written and communication skills required
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Comfortable in a fast pace work environment
- Able to work night shift
- Triage incidents on bridges with communication to multiple layers of management
- Experience managing a team with a mix of onshore and offshore
- Managing and coordinating overnight changes (RFC's)
- ITIL v3 certified preferred
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top