Dynamics of the Role
We are offering an excellent opportunity to join our fast-paced Government FP&A team as a Financial Analyst. This position will assist the Finance Manager with Revenue & Expense Reporting/Forecasting, Sales Pipeline Management, and month-end close activities.
The Team's Focus
The Government FP&A team works side-by-side with both the Government business to bring financial insights into the current and future performance/decision-making process, while also partnering with accounting and financial professionals to gain further insights into best practice solutions. Key activities of this role are to create and maintain Revenue forecast models, lead Sales Pipeline discussions, and analyze the full Income Statement. The position will also align with Government Operations and the Finance Manager to coordinate New Customer Win Reporting, Customer Attrition, and other Financial & Operational functions/duties.
How You'll Contribute:
- Update and maintain Sales Pipeline Reporting and compare to most recent revenue forecast
- Partner directly with VP's and EVP of Government Sales & Product to analyze financials, interpret results, and provide guidance & recommendations
- Partner closely with Government Operations to ensure all Government specific reporting & tasks are accurate and complete
- Review month-end financials and journal entries with the Accounting team to ensure the accuracy of Reported Revenue
- Work closely with other team members of USIS Finance and Accounting to ensure appropriate financial due diligence is completed, best practices are shared, and financials are accurate & complete
- Learn about TransUnion Products, Services, Pricing, and Contracting
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting and other ad-hoc tasks as assigned
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting desired
- 0-3 years of Accounting and/or FP&A experience
- Proficient with MS Excel and capable of learning new Systems
- PeopleSoft and/or Hyperion experience a plus
- Strong Organizational skills, managing multiple projects, shifting priorities & deadlines
- Strong Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new tasks/duties
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top