EPIC ADT / Prelude / RTE Professional Consultant
Dynamics of the Role
The Senior Consultant will provide thought leadership to develop new or improved technical solutions, implementation methodologies, tools or services to enhance clients’ operating environment or company service offerings based on practical experience, optimal outcomes and best practices. This role will also provide on-site consultation and expertise to implement complex technical solutions consistent with customer engagement contracts. They will also be responsible for working on multiple initiatives to drive process optimization and results, working closely with project and account management to identify, specify, analyze and devise solutions to complex business requirements.
The Team’s Focus
TransUnion Healthcare, one of the fastest growing verticals in a $1-billion global company, is a wholly owned subsidiary of the global credit and information management company TransUnion, TransUnion empowers providers and payers with Intelligence in an Instant® by providing data and analytics at the point of need. In the provider market, TransUnion offers a series of data and decisioning solutions designed to help providers and patients find financial solutions for needed care. In the payer market, TransUnion offers healthcare analytics and reporting solutions to help payers improve the overall health of their members. The implementation of these solutions is changing the way healthcare is delivered in America.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Define, document, distribute and implement technical tools and processes to both clients and internal colleagues
- Develop technical automation tools for analysis, troubleshooting of technical implementations
- Engage with clients to understand problems, propose solutions and help craft proposal offerings, including cost estimates and statement of work definitions
- Conduct assessments of hospital department processes, interfaces and systems; document current state and future state workflow and system data flows. Professionally advise and consult on best practices, both pre-sales, during implementation and post-production use of solutions
- Must possess or gain ability to efficiently and effectively navigate through the TransUnion products
- Implement and configure product systems, solutions and interfaces
- Be able to advise clients on customer system configuration and set-up as it relates to integration of TransUnion solutions
- Troubleshoot and implement remediation as needed for product issues
- Work with members to define and document business processes for use in the configuration of the system during implementation
- Works without supervision. Complete latitude for independent judgment. Mentor less experienced peers and display leadership as needed
What You’ll Bring:
- Sophisticated expertise and in-depth understanding of business and functional underlying concepts and principles
- Ability to integrate highly sophisticated understanding of concepts, theories, and principles with deep knowledge of technical and organizational procedures to approach complex problems
- Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and/or issues
- Operates with no supervision in a complex environment
- Bachelors degree in a technical or business discipline preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in Revenue Cycle Management and the ability to demonstrate industry expertise and consultative characteristics when working with customers and providing problem resolution
- 5+ Eligibility and benefits technical and business experience required, including working knowledge of EDI, transaction clearinghouse technologies, and ability to understand payer benefits transactions (270/271)
- Requires certification of EPIC modules, include RTE, Prelude, and ADT systems; working knowledge of set-up and configuration of these systems as it relates to IE integration.
- Requires strong decision-making skills, analytical skills with ability to analyze reports and interpret data, and prepare information to be delivered to customers
- Requires excellent verbal/listening and written communication skills at all levels of a customer’s organization
- Other knowledge and skills strongly desired but not required:
- Knowledge of other patient account systems and EPIC functions, such as Meditech, STAR, etc.
- Knowledge of other system interface points, such as identify and address and financial clearance interfaces
Other Skills and Competencies:
- Integrity, team player, responsible and professional demeanor
- Requires ability to work independently with limited supervision; fast and independent learner
- Demonstrates consultative characteristics when approaching customer issues. Requires aptitude to influence and to be persuasive
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Strong drive for success and personal achievement
- Must be detail oriented, flexible, and have strong organization skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and varied PC applications; including some experience with scripting and programming languages to develop tools and conduct analysis
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Conversant in technology and business process improvement
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities; ability to set and manage toward goals with ability to delegate and hold others accountable
- Experience thinking through problems creatively
- Experience presenting information to large and small groups; expertise in facilitating discussion
Requires domestic travel up to 25%. Position preferred to be in Denver, CO, but can be remote (will require up to 50% travel)
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top