Engineer, Web Application Firewall Security
- Chicago, IL
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we're consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Experience with security programming using REST API's and automation & scripting using PERL, Python, Ruby or Ansible.
- Strong DevOps experience & Cloud certification (AWS, Azure)
- Strong understanding of on premise and cloud based Web Application Firewall Technologies.
- Develop, maintain, test and troubleshoot WAF, policies, and rule sets. Monitors systems activities and fine tunes system parameters and configuration to optimize performance and ensure security of systems.
- Experience with responding to WAF events and developing incident response plans. Ability to improve effectiveness in incident response practices. Be a champion of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Install and tests new hardware and software releases. Evaluate and install patches, perform system upgrades and resolves security issues.
- Knowledge of information security concepts, OWASP web application vulnerabilities and web-based attacks.
- Good understanding of Linux or Cent OS command structure and experience creating shell scripts.
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF). Expertize in networking firewall concepts and configuration
- Knowledge and ability to support infrastructure, cloud security engineering & automation initiatives.
- Strong background in implementing and maintaining event management best practices.
- Ability to ensure the adoption and governance of standard operating procedures.
- Able to conduct research and support development of information security policies, standards, procedures, and/or guidelines.
- Good working knowledge of information security risk identification, assessment and reporting activities.
- Support business continuity risk management and disaster recovery planning activities.
- Adept at security monitoring, and investigation activities.
- Provider tier 3 support as needed.
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and consultative skills. Strong communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years of networking experience, including configuring, analyzing & troubleshooting complex TCP/IP networks.
- 2+ years of working in a Security Operations Center (SOC).
- 2+ years of tier 3 network & WAF support experience.
- 2+ years of experience working on projects with agile methodologies.
- 2+ years of experience with cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Experience with cloud automation in security domain.
Impact You'll Make:
- In the first 90 days - Ramp up to project specifics and contribute to new WAF deployments and troubleshooting issues by closely with technical leads. Participate in solution architecture to move WAF tools to the cloud.
- Beyond 90 days - Effectively perform WAF deployments independently across TU regions with support from local resources. Participate in Tier 3 support activities and BAU as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Engineer, Info Sec Engineering
Back to top