Director – Strategy and Planning
Director, Strategy and Planning
What We Offer
TransUnion believes in investing in the best people. Our dynamic and diverse environment values and promotes the growth of associates in their jobs, roles and careers. Our organization supports ambitious individuals who seek career satisfaction and development.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
How you will contribute
- Develop strategic insights based on market assessments grounded in primary and secondary research. Translate these insights to inform buy/build/partner market-entry and market-expansion options. Build content to support a variety of Strategy and M&A process components, including:
- Acquisition and strategic investment performance reporting
- Monthly CEO reports
- Board of Director meetings
- Corporate three-year-planning activities
- Other high-visibility, high-stakes materials involving C-suite internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with the International regional businesses to create and maintain business plans that have clear and measurable targets. Develop and deliver senior-level presentations for the short-term and long-range plans.
- Design, facilitate and manage the strategic planning process in light of the regional objectives. Drive the pre- and post-meeting work involved for all planning sessions.
- Drive business case development for new opportunities and partner with Product leads, COE heads and with global knowledge experts to facilitate and enable import/export of global IP.
- Lead strategic efforts involving new market development. Facilitate development and execution of integration plans for any acquisitions.
- Partner with Finance to integrate business planning and financial planning into a seamless planning process. This would include establishing linkages between the portfolio management, budgeting and planning processes. Integrate the impact of strategic and tactical plans on the P&L and associated budgets.
- Continually assess cross-industry best practices, new business models and techniques to enhance current International and regional planning practices. Integrate creativity into strategy formulation and execution.
- Execute ad-hoc strategic analysis for the leadership team. Gather competitive intelligence on an ongoing basis, monitor strategy, and predict competitive response for key competitors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
- We require the ideal candidate to have 3-4 years of experience at a top-tier consulting organization post MBA, investment banking or other transaction-advisory services firms. Strategy/corporate development experience at a top company strongly considered as well.
- Experience in information services, financial services, insurance, digital or healthcare industries preferred. Knowledge about the credit reporting industry or international business planning experience along with strong facilitation skills would be a plus.
- Experience with Go-to-Market strategy development. Strong critical thinking skills, ability to assimilate and understand new concepts in short time frames.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work across functions and levels of seniority.
- Exceptional financial and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a dynamic team in a rapidly changing environment.
- Great project management capabilities and highly organized with attention to detail; comfortable working under deadlines and producing key deliverables.
- Sound business judgment and excellent problem solving and influencing skills, especially working with employees at all job levels in international markets.
- Proven ability to quickly grasp industry and business-wide concepts in order to assess implications to drive actions and to capitalize on opportunities.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills with experience in providing crisp, insightful information to executive teams.
- Required working knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint with exceptional presentation skills.
- Ability to travel at least 10-15% of the time and perform other duties as assigned.
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Back to top