Director of Market Strategy, Mortgage
The Director of MarketStrategy, Financial Services (Mortgage) will identify, evaluate, anddevelop new go-to-market strategies, including but not limited to new productsand services, for the Mortgage sub-vertical. You will be part of a teamfocused on key interactions with leading customers and business partnersand the design and delivery of market-driven solutions.
You will lead small-to-medium sizedprojects, ensuring that initiatives are completed in a timely manner and thatcustomer and stakeholder expectations are met. You will manage multipleprojects, collaborate with cross-functional teams, understand overallpriorities, and set expectations through clear and frequent communication (verbaland written). Additionally, you will compile, analyze, synthesize, andsummarize qualitative and quantitative information from internal and externalsources to address specific business needs and problems.
The Team’s Focus:
Beyond the traditional businessof furnishing credit reports for consumer lending, TransUnion providesfinancial institutions with data and solutions to better manage customerrelationships. We have a large, diverse client base ranging from national banksand credit unions to local banks and small, independent lenders, in both matureand emerging markets. We offer a broad array of products customized to eachaspect of our clients’ business: credit risk management, digital marketing,fraud and ID management, and collections and recovery. We pride ourselves onour ability to bring innovative ideas and solutions to market, leveraging ourextensive experience in credit data and analytics. Our team has a dynamic blendof experiences in financial services and credit risk management.
How You Will Contribute:
Manage and lead key initiatives:
- You will perform project management and coordination tasks, assigning and coordinating project activities for cross-functional teams, developing project plans and status reports and serving as the communications point for the project
- You will drive and perform day-to-day operations of assigned projects to ensure that policies and procedures are followed; goals, scope and objectives are met; and services and projects are accomplished efficiently and effectively
- You will prepare for and facilitate meetings and presentations, managing the pace and topics covered and summarizing and documenting meeting results. You will also provide next steps on outstanding issues and assigned tasks resulting from meetings or presentations
Become the trusted advisor tobusiness partners and key stakeholders:
- You will build trust with business partners (internal and external), customers, key decision makers, and project sponsors by meeting individual commitments and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- You will utilize the relationships you build with product and industry experts as well as members of Sales, Marketing, IT and other functions to gather insights and develop actionable go-to-market plans
Develop industry insights:
- You will conduct general market research activities by collecting and analyzing data to better describe our organization, the industries we serve, as well as our customers and business partners
- You will build a solid understanding of the internal and external data sources available to fuel research projects and support/ refute key hypotheses
- You will define and create meaningful business cases to support new products and other growth initiatives based on a fact-based, analytically-driven approach
- Through your research, you will understand our business capabilities and requirements, the market’s demands and unmet needs, and any capability gaps that we may have
- You will maintain awareness of current industries trends through industry publications, company press releases, and various forms of primary research – and use that information to formulate hypotheses about the future state of the industry
Draw insights from data analysis:
- You will mine internal data for key customer trends and business opportunities
- You will develop forecasting models (with different assumptions and scenarios) to support growth initiatives
- You will translate qualitative information (through surveys and one-on-one interviews) into fact-based results, leading to actionable recommendations
Present conclusions andrecommendations to key decision makers:
- You will understand key communication objectives (internal and external) and an effective path to meeting them
- You will create client- and executive-ready materials (e.g., agendas, memos, discussion guides, marketing collateral, and PowerPoint presentations) for the purpose of delivering (and reinforcing) key messages and making key decisions with stakeholders
- You will help create complete discussion documents with clearly articulated messages and storylines supported by market research and data analysis.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, mathematics, engineering, or one of the hard sciences
- MBA from a top-tier university highly desired (but not required)
- 6-8 years professional experience in an analytical and quantitative position
- Deep industry experience in the real estate or mortgage industry (but not required)
- Experience using information services and data to drive business objectives in the mortgage industry
- Prior management consulting experience highly desired
- Experience working with senior-level manager and executives
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills
- High level of competency with Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and high degree of comfort managing multiple assignments
- Proven track record for completing assignments on time
- Desire to produce high quality work
- Driven by intellectual curiosity and independent thinking
- Positive “can do” attitude
What We Offer:
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are:
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investments worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We’re on an exciting journey, and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top