Director, New Product Development, Digital Marketing
Dynamics of the Role
The Director, New Product Development, Email will fill a key role on the fast growing TransUnion Digital Team (a digital start up with the full backing of TransUnion). In this role you will be focused on the development of a new email service that will serve clients in the financial services, insurance and telco verticals. You will have the rare opportunity to build a new email business from the ground up in a large established company.
As the Director, New Product Development, Email you will collaborate with internal and external partners to build out our capability stack and operational procedures. Specifically, you will look to source emails (for permission-based programs as well as a matching field for digital on-boarding), set up an email platform, and help establish an email operations team. You’ll have a sound business mind, you’ll be technically savvy and you’ll be assertive in nature as you look to drive the development of new and differentiated email offering that generates meaningful business value.
The successful candidate will have several years of experience with developing email solutions having worked at such companies as Acxiom Digital Impact, Epsilon, Exact Target, Experian Cheetahmail, Merkle, Responsys, V12, Yesmail, etc. Ideally you have worked at such companies as a product manager for email solutions or as an email operations manager. You will also have a general understanding of the regulatory requirements for using credit data in marketing and will know both the risks and the opportunities for clients in leveraging it.
The Team’s Focus
The TransUnion Digital Team operates at the intersection of media and big data, making addressable media a reality for clients in the Financial Services, Insurance and Telco verticals. We have built a powerful digital solutions for our clients and we are seeking to expand our offerings. TransUnion Digital is a start up in a large company and as such we have the best of both worlds – the ability to innovate and create freely with the full backing of a large company.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Gather voice-of customer to ensure we are building differentiated email solutions the market will buy
- Conduct competitive analysis ongoing to ensure awareness of competing offerings
- Develop a product roadmap and project manage the build out of an email capability stack
- Manage legal and compliance reviews to ensure our solution complies with all regulatory laws
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to establish a new email operations team
- Develop sales enablement materials and legal contracts to support sales activities
- Act as subject matter expert supporting demand creation and pre-sales activities
- Manage product profit and loss to ensure positive EBITDA contribution to TU Digital
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years experience with email delivery, ESP relations or similar experience
- Experience and interest in operating systems
- Strong knowledge of network protocols
- Strong knowledge of DNS
- Organized, analytical, detailed, enthusiastic, diligent, self-starter committed to build world class solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with technical and non-technical members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on a team, as well as independently, in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent understanding of various laws related to email marketing
- Experience in contract / legal negotiations
- A cool attitude with the ability to work and play hard
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience, MBA highly desired
Preferred skills and experience:
- Understanding of the technical aspects of email systems. Basic DNS and authentication – SPF, DKIM, DMARC
- Ability to read/interpret email headers, SMTP logs, familiar with bounce messages and NDRs
- Previous ESP experience critical
- System Administration experience
- Knowledge of PMTA
Who We Are
TransUnion is a global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We’re on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top