Overview of the US Financial Services Division:
TransUnion’s Mortgage Line of Business falls under our US Financial Services (USIS) Division of TransUnion. TransUnion Financial Services provides financial institutions with data and solutions to better manage customer relationships. We offer a broad array of products customized to each aspect of our clients’ business: credit risk management, marketing segmentation, fraud and ID management, collections and credit decisioning. We pride ourselves on our ability to bring innovative ideas and solutions to market, leveraging our extensive experience in credit data and analytics. Our team represents a dynamic blend of financial services industry experience and credit expertise, including Card, Auto Finance and Mortgage.
Overview of the Role:
The Director of Market Development for Mortgage will be responsible for working cross-functionally, largely with the direct sale force, to improve mortgage revenue performance. This will include responsibility for management, execution, and success of multiple sales campaigns focused on solution adoption. This role will also develop and present client-facing material and proactively work with customers to identify and address their business drivers by being the mortgage subject matter expert. Additionally, the Director of Market Development will play a crucial role in product development and roll-out, creating a feedback loop proactively identifying and addressing market needs.
Positions Offerings & Upward Mobility:
TransUnion is always growing! The Director of Market Development role is no exception. As Mortgage is a newer area of focus and engagement for TransUnion, there is a long runway for growth in this role as well as exposure to many different moving pieces. This position will report directly to the VP of Market Development.
Role Assessment & Ideal Candidate:
This is an exciting role that will work hand in hand with our direct sales force to increase sales in the Mortgage arena.
The Mortgage Team works very closely to execute against their goals. The ideal candidate for this role will have…
- A strong understanding of the mortgage space, preferably in marketing and/or internal risk assessment
- Ability to think dynamically about the mortgage space to work with customers to identify and address their needs
- Ability to manage and execute sales campaigns and/or similar project equivalents
- Experience managing relationships with peers (primarily from a sales and pipeline management perspective)
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal Candidate Assessment: The ideal candidate will have extensive Mortgage experience and exposure. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 or more years of experience in financial services and mortgage finance, with exposure to mortgage risk management, marketing, and/or product devotement
- Knowledge of top mortgage finance organizations and industry structure
- Experience persuading customers/clients to take action
- Robust verbal and written communication
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Preference given to willingness to be located in Chicago; 50% travel required if located outside of Chicago
Who We Are:
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top