Director, Market Strategy, Boca
Dynamics of the Role:
The Director of Market Strategy, will identify, evaluate, and develop new go-to-market strategies, including but not limited to new products and services, for several market segments under the Diversified Markets Line of Business, which serves companies in the Technology/Retail/E-Commerce, Communications & Utilities, Professional Services and Information Services industries. You will be part of a team focused on key interactions with leading customers and business partners and the design and delivery of market-driven solutions.
You will define the product roadmap, forecast, provide thought leadership, offer business development support to the sales teams, set supplier and distribution strategies, lead the business and be a core part of the team that manages the overall P&L performance for a defined set of industry / customer groups. You will appraise new product ideas to determine their potential to address customer needs and to achieve revenue and EBITDA growth goals. This role will lead, plan and track all phases of the product life cycle, from inception through introduction into the marketplace.
You will manage multiple projects, collaborate with cross-functional teams, understand overall priorities, and set expectations through clear and frequent communication (verbal and written). Additionally, you will compile, analyze, synthesize, and summarize qualitative and quantitative information from internal and external sources to address specific business needs and problems.
The Team's Focus:
The TransUnion Diversified Markets Business Unit provides its clients with leading data, analytics and risk management solutions that help them make efficient, informed and accurate decisions. We offer a broad array of products including consumer reports, fraud and identity management solutions, skip tracing, predictive models, decisioning and digital marketing. We pride ourselves on our ability to bring innovative ideas and solutions to market, leveraging our extensive experience in data, analytics, and information services.
What we'll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, mathematics, engineering, or one of the hard sciences
- MBA or other Master's degree from a top-tier university highly desired
- 4-6 years professional experience in an analytical and quantitative position
- Prior management consulting experience highly desired
- Prior experience in one (or more) of the following industries preferred: Sharing Economy, Background/Employment Screening
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional senior-level managers and executives, both internal and external
- Proven ability to build relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills and high degree of comfort managing multiple assignments
- Desire to produce high quality work
- Driven by intellectual curiosity and independent thinking
- Positive "can do" attitude
Impact you'll make:
Develop industry insights:
- You will conduct general market research activities by collecting and analyzing data to better describe our organization, the industries we serve, as well as our customers and business partners
- You will build a solid understanding of the internal and external data sources available to fuel research projects and support/ refute key hypotheses
- You will define and create meaningful business cases to support new products and other growth initiatives based on a fact-based, analytically-driven approach
- Through your research, you will understand our business capabilities and requirements, the market's demands and unmet needs, and any capability gaps that we may have
- You will maintain awareness of current industry trends through publications, company press releases, and various forms of primary and secondary research - and use that information to formulate hypotheses about the future state of the industry
Draw insights from data analysis:
- You will mine internal data for key customer trends and business opportunities
- You will develop forecasting models (with different assumptions and scenarios) to support growth initiatives
- You will translate qualitative information (through surveys and one-on-one interviews) into fact-based results, leading to actionable recommendations
Present conclusions and recommendations to key decision makers:
- You will understand key communication objectives (internal and external) and an effective path to meeting them
- You will create client- and executive-ready materials (e.g., agendas, memos, discussion guides, marketing collateral, and PowerPoint presentations) for the purpose of delivering (and reinforcing) key messages and making key decisions with stakeholders
- You will help create complete discussion documents with clearly articulated messages and storylines supported by market research and data analysis
Manage and lead key initiatives:
- You will perform project management and coordination tasks, assigning and coordinating project activities for cross-functional teams, developing project plans and status reports and serving as the communications point for the project
- You will drive and perform day-to-day operations of assigned projects to ensure that policies and procedures are followed; goals, scope and objectives are met; and services and projects are accomplished efficiently and effectively
- You will prepare for and facilitate meetings and presentations, managing the pace and topics covered and summarizing and documenting meeting results. You will also provide next steps on outstanding issues and assigned tasks resulting from meetings or presentations
Become the trusted advisor to business partners and key stakeholders:
- You will build trust with business partners (internal and external), customers, key decision makers, and project sponsors by meeting individual commitments and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- You will utilize the relationships you build with product and industry experts as well as members of Sales, Marketing, IT and other functions to gather insights and develop actionable go-to-market plans
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top