Director, Insurance Product Management
Dynamics of the Role
The person in this leadership role will be responsible for all phases of product management for core analytic based underwriting products and directs a staff that manages these activities for the Insurance vertical. This position creates and maintains a structure that effectively collaborates with senior management to set product portfolio objectives and strategies, along with distribution channel strategies.
The overall objectives and strategies include revenue, profitability, pricing strategy, product life cycle strategy, positioning, promotion, competitive intelligence, market research, and the development of new product line extensions and enhancements including an effective market launch strategy.
How You’ll Contribute
- Prioritize product pipeline for core underwriting products. Establishes strategic direction of product management efforts to support growth of the Insurance vertical, translating corporate objectives into actionable plans. Consults with senior management on corporate strategies and alignment of goals across the organization.
- Identify new products that best serve the needs of our customers. Ensure organization actively gathers competitive intelligence and market research to utilize in product portfolio strategy. In conjunction with product portfolio strategies, ensure new product line extensions and enhancements are proficiently developed and launched. Lead understanding of product value and its distinction.
- Forecasts, develops and implements budget. Reviews and approves all expenses. Analyzes budget for variances and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Defines staffing requirements based on business needs and budget. Establishes accountabilities and goals with measures for success. Builds development plans for associates to assist in career planning. Creates an environment that supports training and growth opportunities. Defines the vision for the department and sets the leadership tone for accomplishing goals.
- Serves as an expert resource to Sales and provides on-the-job training and advice on initiatives.
- Develop, refine, and maintain product family strategy and roadmap. Gather and understand opportunities to enhance and build new products and capabilities.
- Lead efforts to improve product adoption and performance. Understands full scope of product attributes and functionality.
- Establish pricing. Ensure ROI of product is achieved. Establishes goals and measures for processes and products and ensures the tools and framework are in place for execution against goals.
- Develop and confirm financial case (revenue, investment, and cost model).
- Evaluates strategic fit of business partners, and makes recommendations to senior management on acquisition or partnership opportunities.
- Actively periodically gather and synthesize competitive, industry, and regulatory changes.
What You’ll Bring
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in finance, mathematics, marketing, management or equivalent field.
- Minimum of 10 years of overall experience related to marketing, product development, product management, or brand management.
- The individual must display business maturity, leadership skills, reasoning skills (analytic ability), and strong communication skills. Independence, initiative, and business acumen are necessary for the success of the incumbent.
- Prior experience in product, pricing and underwriting in P&C insurance field is strongly preferred. Must have exceptionally strong oral and written communication skills and organizational ability which foster an effective process between client requirements to client deliverables.
- Must be flexible, pragmatic and driven to achieve organizational goals.
- Extensive mentoring to less experienced team members. Must have excellent knowledge of all software applications used by the supported group. This typically includes using Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and database applications.
- Excellent writing skills. Must be able to speak clearly when interacting with others. Must be able to guide and direct the work of others even those without direct responsibility.
- Must be able to work independently and in group settings.
- Must have five years proven experience directly managing others.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top